Reports To: Senior Business Development Officer
Job Summary: The Business Development (BD) Officer works as a member of the Business
Development Team with Program staff, Country office staff, Finance staff, and consultants, as and when appropriate, to ensure successful completion and submission of IMA’s proposals. The BD Officer will manage both prime and sub proposal opportunities, serving either as a proposal manager/coordinator or proposal team member. This includes leading capture pre-bid preparation, proposal development, and transition to the Program staff for implementation. This al o include regularly communicating with Program and Technical staff, facilitating development of an opportunity pipeline, tracking the status and results of on-going project, and monitoring activities of competitors, partner and donors. This position will assist in development and refinement of BD processes, tool, and template and mentoring others in IMA’s BD processes and specific proposal role. Additionally, the BD Officer will support marketing material development and serve as a representative of IMA through external events, partner meeting, and other international health and development forums.
- Support efforts for IMA to maximize competiveness through pre-bid preparation, partner formation, and presentation of compel ling proposal
- Collaborate with others in the BD Team, Programs Department, and field leadership. And other technical experts in development of assigned proposals, defining and managing roles and responsibilities of their contributions within the proposal development process.
- Collect, analyze, maintain and present inforn1ation regarding donors, partner, and competitor to assist in informed bid decisions. Synthesize input for go and no-go bid decisions.
- Monitor near- and far- term identified business opportunities for target regions; reporting on at least a quarterly basis the feasibility of moving forward.
- Facilitate liaison with prime organizations and partner negotiation for teaming arrangements and any requested deliverables.
- Develop proposal writing outline calendars and manage team to deliver on-time results.
- Coordinate, manage, and or write section of proposals, including but not limited to technical, personnel, management, corporate capabilities, and past performance sections; sense as a team member supporting any required aspect of proposal development.
- May be called on to review and/or and edit sections of the cost volume.
- Manage production of proposal submission to ensure quality and on-time delivery of all document proposal complies with client requirement.
- Nurture proposal team working relationship.
- Coordinate, facilitate and document internal proposal debrief.
- Facilitate transition of awarded project to implementation team.
- May be called on to develop, update and maintain marketing materials including briefs, capacity statements. One- pager and other needed promotional material. Communicate regularly with the Programs and the Resource Development Communications Department to ensure all materials are in line with IMA’s external messaging objectives to donor and potential partners appropriately.
- Develop, support and initiate new and existing processes related to the BD portfolio.
- Participate in conference exhibition and other venues an applicable to increase and maintain IMA visibility.
- MPH or advanced degree in international development or related field highly preferred.
- Five + years combined proposal management, grant writing and program management experience in international development environment.
- Hand -on proposal management experience including coordination, technical writing and editing, partnership development, recruitment, and budget preparation.
- Demonstrated success in securing fund from USG donors (USAID, CDC). Other international donor (DFID, World Bank), and foundation.
- In-depth knowledge of U G donor and other international donor regulations and requirement.
- Understanding of global health priori tie and development approaches.
- Ability to self-manage, multi-task and prioritize in a faced-paced environment.
- Strong oral written and presentation kills.
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational and decision making skill.
- Proficient in MS Office and online resources.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
IMA prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by US or International law.