Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
HI has offices in more than 55 countries; for further information about the association: http://www.hi.org.
JOB CONTEXT :
HI is present in Sri Lanka since 1992/1993, initially focused on training rehabilitation professionals in Colombo and Jaffna. In 2014, when the Tsunami hit Sri Lanka, the organisation focused with new project on survivors in Batticaloa, Ampara, Trincomalee and Hambantota districts. With the beginning war in Sri Lanka, HI has also relocated its operations to the Northern Province, delivering post conflict assistance and responding to the needs of IDPs, through a physical rehabilitation project. HI made further projects to integrate Rehabilitation Service to the Public Health system. From 2011, HI broadened its scope of intervention: livelihood, inclusive sports, inclusive Disaster Risk Management, support to rehabilitation professionals and CBR stakeholders, etc.
Following the coalition government elected in 2015 fresh political will to address structural inequalities and national reconciliation, widely supported by the international community, HI shifted its action to address reconciliation issues, including transitional justice and reducing inequalities via inclusive economic development programming. At the same time HI started to respond to small and medium natural disasters (floods and drought) with early recovering programming. Rehabilitation activities restarted in 2017 on a very small scale and focused only on clubfoot treatment thanks to interest from Miracle Feet foundation.
Under the line management of the Program Coordinator based in Colombo, you have a functional links with the Technical Advisors based in HQ or delocalized in the field. You are responsible for the development of new project ideas, to be further funded (through pro-active fundraising initiatives or responding to call for proposals).
Your general mission is to lead and develop concept notes and project proposals ready for submission to donors (public institutions, foundations and private sector) in order to secure funding for the program
In this framework, your main responsibilities are:
• Maps and anticipates funding opportunities
• Identifies new ideas and test their implementation throughout HI program and/or projects; carries out needs assessments and collects data for proposal writing
• Projects development
• Master’s Degree in Development, Political Science or Social Sciences
• Advanced training in Project Cycle Management and Project Development or in Humanitarian/Development MEAL, Quality Development
• At least 3 years professional experience in developing projects; preferably in the field of : Good governance, inclusive local development, conflict transformation, social cohesion,
• At least 3 years’ experience in development/humanitarian work.
• Well-developed conceptual, analytical and strategic planning skills, with ability to put this into practice (needs assessment, participatory approaches, LFA, ToC)
• Strong self manager with a proven ability to prioritise tasks and excellent time management skills;
• Excellent writing skills in English
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work within a multi-cultural team
Previous experience with HI in Development Context, in the field of disability and vulnerability as well as a previous experience in the South Asia Region would be assets.
English : Fluent
Security situation is now very good in Sri Lanka. However the 26th October 2018 presidential coup has thrown the country in a political crisis which will continue at least till the beginning of 2019. As of this writing no violent incidents are registered and the situation remains calm. Life in Colombo is comfortable allowing for a wide range of cultural and leisure activities. Shops and commodities are available and Colombo is close to the beach. The climate is pleasantly warm. The position will require field visits to the 3 offices in the North, East and Center of Sri Lanka.
Employee status, according to experience :
– Salary from 2214 € gross/month regarding the experience of the candidate
– Perdiem : 501€ net/month
– Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
– Paid holiday : 25 days per year
– R&R : 1 day per month
– Status : position open to couples
– Housing : individual taken in charge by HI