Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. For more information, visit http://www.worldbank.org
The mission of Group Internal Audit (GIA) is to protect and enhance the value of the World Bank Group (WBG) by providing independent, objective and insightful risk-based assurance and advice. GIA provides an independent view on whether processes for managing and controlling risks to achieve the WBG’s goals, and overall governance of these processes, are adequately designed and functioning effectively. GIA works across all WBG institutions, covering all operational and corporate functions as well as IT systems and processes.
GIAVP is headed by the Vice President and Auditor General (AG), who is responsible for setting the mission and vision, building strong partnerships with Senior Management and the Audit Committee, and providing value-adding assurance and advisory services that would meet the institution’s needs. The Director, Strategy and Operations is responsible for supporting the AG in the effective and efficient development and execution of GIA’s work program. The Engagement Managers in GIA report to the Director and are responsible for the development and delivery of the GIA work program by leading staff auditors.
SCOPE & ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Audit Analyst within Information Technology (IT) Team will be a member of the internal audit team and will be expected to primarily support the execution of audit/advisory engagements covering IT and Data Management processing of the Bank, IFC, MIGA and ICSID. The Audit Analyst will work closely with the Audit Supervisors and Audit Specialists to support the development and execution of GIA’s risk-based work program. The Audit Analyst will functionally report to the Program Manager – IT Audit and administratively to the Director, Strategy and Operations, who will jointly be responsible for mentoring, performance evaluation and overall learning and professional development.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
* Provides analytical support to the Audit Supervisors and Audit Specialists, in the conduct and execution of individual assurance and advisory engagements in GIA’s risk-based Work Program – spanning World Bank Group (WBG) Information Technology and Data Management processes;
* Supports multiple engagements in the delivery of risk-based audits across a range of Information Technology process areas;
* Audit components of the business units including critical technology functions, cloud-based infrastructure, cybersecurity, risk management, application, and third-party management.
* Perform audit tasks of moderate difficulty, demonstrating a degree of audit expertise consistent with experience level.
* Assists the Audit Supervisors and Audit Specialists in coordinating client interviews, conducting interviews and tests, and securing audit evidence;
* Assists the Audit Supervisors and Audit Specialists in the performance of detailed process walkthroughs and documenting and flowcharting GIA’s understanding of business process(es) and relevant information systems under review;
* Supports the Audit Supervisor and the Audit Specialist in the development of key control narratives that can be leveraged for future reviews;
* Assists in work paper documentation in accordance with standards established by GIA;
* Supports the audit team in the timely execution of audits within the allocated time and resource budgets;
* Assists in the tracking and follow-up of relevant open and overdue GIA issues and management action plans;
* Supports Audit Supervisors and Audit Specialists in the identification of data analytics objectives and procedures for assigned engagements; in the acquisition, validation and normalization of the data; in analyzing data; and in the reporting and documentation of data analytics results; and
* Assists in the implementation of GIA’s operating practices and protocols, as it relates to specific engagements or tasks.
* Master’s degree in relevant field, e.g., Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Information and Communication Technology and Business Administration, or equivalent (Master’s degree would be preferred)
* Certifications related to Technology or Auditing, such as Cloud provider certifications, Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
* A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience or equivalent combination, preferably in financial institutions, international organizations, or similar environment. Audit/Consulting experience with Big 4 Firms is highly desired. Preferred qualifications include:
* 2+ years of experience with IT control frameworks;
* 1+ years of experience in IT integrated, application reviews and system development life-cycle auditing
* Experience applying technical knowledge in at least one of the following areas: IT operations, network operations or security audits and/or ERP security and control reviews (Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft). Knowledge of networks technology, operating systems, midrange platforms, personal computers, system development, client/server architecture;
* Experience in utilizing data analysis in support of internal auditing, presenting results, and drawing conclusions to provide insights into engagement with supervision and guidance. Develops logical viewpoint based on analysis and shows the thought process used to arrive at conclusions;
* Experience in conducting audits of controls in cloud-based environments or emerging technologies such as RPA, IoT and AI;
* High proficiency in MS Office Suite and in creating effective Power Point Presentations.
* Good understanding of internal audit practices and procedures with excellent organizational and communications skills; ability to successfully manage high priority tasks with a variety of stakeholders, and deliver high quality work;
* Excellent interpersonal skills and stakeholder management. The successful candidate needs to work collaboratively with internal and external clients;
* Good oral and written communications skills are essential, with ability to effectively prepare, present and discuss findings in written and oral form to convey complex ideas in an engaging manner with clarity, diplomacy and precision. Highly proficient in English, both speaking and writing.
* Demonstrates personal integrity and adheres to professional principles, values and ethics.
* Proactive and innovative, with an open and collegial work style with ability to listen and integrate ideas from diverse views, create partnerships and collaborate with others.
Lead and Innovate –
Develops innovative solutions with others. Encourages and works with others to identify, incubate and implement relevant solutions. Identifies opportunities in changing circumstances and energizes others to continuously improve, using intentional strategies to boost morale, team spirit, and productivity in context of WBG’s values and mission. Helps others to understand problems, client needs and the underlying context. Seizes opportunities to contribute to achievement of key objectives and solve problems with initiative.
Deliver Results for Clients –
Sets challenging goals that align with the WBG mission and is always looking to improve. Understands clients’ most pressing challenges and contributes to solutions. Organizes own work around client needs and is open to adapting or replacing existing methods to provide creative solutions. Takes personal responsibility for producing high quality work, identifying and informing of risks, and delivering results for clients.
Collaborate within Teams and Across Boundaries –
Keeps others fully informed to ensure integration and work consistency and displays a sense of mutuality and respect. Approaches conflicts as common problems to be solved. Seeks and listens to input from others to inform own decision making and openly shares information. Frames thinking/actions with a WBG corporate perspective in mind. Collaborates with own team, other teams, and functions as necessary to get the work done.
Create, Apply and Share Knowledge –
Applies critical thinking to current approaches, identifies areas for improvement, and tries new solutions that drive results. Considers own behavior in context of WBG’s values and mission and recognizes impact one has on others. Operates in ambiguity and changing needs and supports others to do the same. Contributes to the department’s and WBG’s body of knowledge by applying lessons learned and expertise. Actively invests in own knowledge and seeks feedback. Builds personal and professional networks within and beyond the work group.
Make Smart Decisions –
Seeks and analyzes facts, data and lessons of past experience to support sound, logical decisions regarding own and others’ work. Applies cost/benefit analysis to meet work program objectives. Contributes to decision making by providing relevant risk-analysis. Shows initiative when necessary, and makes decisions in a timely manner within own area of responsibility.
|Country:||-- United States|
|City, State:||Washington D.C.|