Eurasia Group is seeking experienced and motivated analysts of China who are able to generate insights through our “politics first” lens. Candidates must have a strength in at least one of these core areas, and ideally the range to cover others:
- Elite politics and political economy
- Domestic economic and financial sector policies
- China’s foreign policy and trade/investment issues
You will have the ability to analyze these issues from the perspective of what matters for Eurasia Group’s financial, corporate, and government clients. We have a diverse and growing client base, so analysts must have the range and flexibility to analyze new areas and quickly respond to new developments. You will operate at high functional levels and perform in-depth research under tight deadlines, writing both short analyses and longer papers. You will frequently brief both private sector and government clients. You will therefore have excellent analytical and presentation (oral and written) skills. Fluent Mandarin Chinese skills are required.
For the Analyst and Senior Analyst candidate, you will have considerable professional experience that displays both your capacity as a researcher and your knowledge of China, and an advanced degree in political science, economics, Asia studies, or another relevant discipline. Previous consulting experience and in-country experience is preferred. Applications from more experienced candidates are welcome. For the Associate level, an advanced degree in the above areas and some work experience is required.
Applicants will be considered for the firm’s Washington, DC and New York offices All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
To apply for the position, please submit resume and cover letter via the link below. This position is available immediately. The resume evaluation process will take place on an on-going basis until the position has been filled.
Perks of working at Eurasia Group:
- An amazing mission — to help our clients capitalize on the opportunities and manage the risks created by the impact of politics on markets around the world.
- The opportunity to work with a talented and entrepreneurial team in a global environment.
- Flexible work environment, with contemporary offices located in New York (Flatiron), DC (DuPont Circle) and London (Clerkenwell).
- PTO bank of 23 days, 10 paid holidays and 2 summer Fridays.
- A strong belief in work-life balance.
- Competitive salary plus incentive compensation plan.
- Rich benefits package – EG contributes 82-90% to medical and dental premiums, 100% employer-paid LTD, STD and life insurance, 401(k) plus fully vested employer match and pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Business casual dress code.
- Employee referral program that begins at $1000.
Eurasia Group is an equal opportunity employer.