IFC Asset Management Company, LLC (AMC), a wholly-owned subsidiary of IFC, mobilizes and manages capital for investment in emerging markets. AMC was created in 2009 to provide investors with access to IFC’s emerging markets investment pipeline and to expand the supply of long-term capital to these markets, enhancing IFC’s development goals and generating profits for investors by leveraging IFC’s global reach, standards, investment approach, and track record. AMC currently has $9.1 billion under management through 13 funds which invest across a variety of sectors, geographies, and strategies. The strategies of the current AMC-managed funds cover equity and subordinated debt for commercial banks and other financial institutions; equity for infrastructure companies and projects; growth equity for generalist companies and projects in select regions; and fund of funds investing. AMC plans to raise and manage additional funds in the future, each with a focus on a particular sector, region, or product within the emerging markets.
IFC’s investment departments support AMC by providing certain investment origination, execution, and supervision services, while all investment and portfolio decisions for funds under management are taken independently by AMC.
Please see AMC’s website at http://www.ifcamc.org for more information on AMC’s business.
The IFC Emerging Asia Growth Fund invests, alongside IFC, across all sectors in Asia including financial institutions, infrastructure, telecoms, natural resources, manufacturing and agribusiness.Background / General description
AMC is looking to hire an Associate for the IFC Emerging Asia Growth Fund based in Singapore. The Associate will report to the Fund Heads and will be responsible for; (i) working on AMC/IFC investment teams; (ii) working with the Fund Heads and other AMC team members to structure and negotiate investments and develop a solid and well balanced investment portfolio; (iii) assisting the team in supervising the ongoing performance of the fund’s portfolio companies and structuring and executing divestitures; (iv) maintaining a good relationship with the fund’s investors and with IFC investment teams and assist in providing timely delivery of information; (v) assisting with the fund-raising process and establishment of this fund.
In particular, the Associate will:
• Develop a strong understanding of the economic and political situation in each target country and prepare regular updates in each key market;
• Develop and track a pipeline of potential fund investments in coordination with IFC’s business development teams and regional offices;
• Support and provide input for deal execution, including financial modelling, structuring, valuation, and negotiation to AMC and IFC investment teams;
• Assist in presentation of investment proposals to the fund’s Investment Committee, articulating the detailed investment rationale and making concrete recommendations regarding proposed investments;
• Monitor portfolio companies and develop recommendations regarding portfolio actions including operational value creations, and divestitures;
• Participate in fund raising activities; and,
• Work closely with the Fund Heads and AMC’s Chief Operating Officer in implementing effective fund administration, including investor liaison and reporting.DRDuties and Accountabilities
The successful candidate is likely to have worked for a private equity firm, consulting firm, and/or international financial institution with emerging markets presence. He/she will have a good understanding of and practical experience in valuation, structuring, portfolio management and business strategy. Experience working on investments in and/or financial advisory in Asia is preferred.
He/she will possess: familiarity with international best market practices and global trends in emerging markets; strong analytical skills, with experience in financial modeling; experience in structuring private equity deals, including an ability to mitigate risks and enhance returns; and expertise in negotiating complex deals.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas
• M.B.A or equivalent degree;
• 4+ years relevant experience in a financial institution or private equity firm, focusing on principal investments and/or emerging markets; private equity experience strongly preferred
• Regional experience in Asia preferred;
• Strong analytical and investment assessment skills, and sound knowledge of equity investment documentation, accounting, financial statement analysis and financial modeling (building projections, running valuation and scenario/return analysis);
• Sound business judgment and problem solving, negotiation and commercial skills;
• Ability to work effectively under pressure in a diverse, team-oriented environment, and across multiple time zones;
• Fluent spoken and written Mandarin strongly preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, including a demonstrated ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and tactfully to a variety of audiences; and
• A willingness to travel frequently is required.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to AMCRecruit@ifc.org. Applicants with PE experience should include their equity track record indicating number of deals, amounts invested, IRRs and multiples on cash invested.
IFC Asset Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.SCSelection Criteria