Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
This vacancy is a local staff position. It is open only to nationals and residents of Pakistan.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
To provide support through the performance of a variety of specialized duties relating to the loan/TA project implementation and administration functions of the PRM. On a need basis, also responsible to assist in assigned tasks relating to project formulation and processing functions of PRM. The incumbent will report to PRM Project Administration Unit (PAU) Head or other designated International and/or National staff of PRM.
• Inputs procurement contract summary sheets (PCSS) and procurement contract update sheets (PCUS) in the Loan Financial Information System and monitor contract utilization rates
• Monitors physical progress in projects/TA implementation, for example, by following up on outstanding obligations of Executing Agencies (EAs) to expedite procurement/contract awards.
• Familiarizes EAs with ADB guidelines and procedures and ensures their compliance with project covenants.
• Monitors progress in terms of outputs and deliverables, following up submission of project reports, financial statements, maintains related documents, records and files for delegated projects.
• Maintains computer-based information system for project administration matters.
• Assists in consultant recruitment process and reviews of various Requests for Proposals.
• Reviews and finalizes annual contract awards and disbursements projections in consultation with the Project Officers. Reviews procurement documents, reviews Audited Project Financial Statements and liaises with the Financial Management Specialist of CWRD in compiling the check list and uploading in e-Ops
• Assists in processing disbursements for delegated and non-delegated projects by following up with EAs on timely submission of withdrawal applications.
• Prepares and updates individual Project Performance Reports every month for loans outlining all the required details for example, project description/scope, status of implementation, developments, major problems, actions taken/proposed, and participating in the tripartite portfolio review meetings and/or PRM portfolio performance review meetings when needed.
• Compiles data and statistics on contract awards and disbursements for the assigned projects for the generation of various reports required by the PAU of PRM. Contributes to the preparation/updating of PAM by gathering and consolidating data in the appendices, and preparing draft sections
• Performs other duties that may be assigned as reflected in the incumbent’s workplan
Relevant Experience & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, business studies, engineering, or other related fields.
• At least 5 years relevant professional work experience, preferably with at least two years in international multilateral and bilateral agencies
• Proven ability to work independently on assigned transactions, areas of analysis and research, which have well-defined scope and steps
• Able to conduct cost-benefit analysis to support decision-making
• Effective report-writing and communication skills in English
• Proficient in spreadsheets and required information technologies.
• Familiarity with local languages and government and/or state institutions
Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for AS6
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.