Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Portfolio Management Division (PSPM) within the Private Sector Operations Department (PSOD). The position is assigned in the Portfolio Management Division (PSPM) within the Private Sector Department (PSOD). PSPM is accountable for the pro-active management, reporting and review of ADB’s growing portfolio of private sector loans including overseeing project implementation and administration and managing client relationships. PSPM is currently composed of Infrastructure and Financial Institutions teams.
PSOD provides financing and investment support to private projects, corporates, financial institutions and private equity funds throughout developing Asia and the Pacific. We advise, help structure and provide and catalyze financing for privately held and state-sponsored entities across a wide range of sectors. Our emphasis is on commercially viable transactions that generate financial returns while also delivering on ADB’s organization-wide mission to promote environmentally sustainable and inclusive economic growth. PSOD is looking for exceptional financiers with a banking and/or investment background and proven leadership ability, able to identify, structure and close innovative, developmentally and financially robust debt, equity and guarantee transactions and guide a team. To learn more about PSOD, watch this video.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Project Analyst works as a member of the PSOD Middle Office. The position is responsible for the credit administration process and for client relationship in terms of onboarding, disbursements, covenant monitoring and billing. The role involves working with borrowers, multiple PSOD staff and a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. The incumbent will report to the designated PSPM international staff.
a. Onboarding and Closing
• Ensures accurate system entries to reflect transaction approvals, signings, terminations and cancellations; and
• Coordinates with other ADB units on the timely recording of the transactions.
b. Project Monitoring
• Ensures adherence by clients to their obligations for timely and accurate submission to ADB of periodic reports and follows up as needed;
• Coordinates with Deal Teams in case of covenant breaches or unexpected developments in a transaction; and
• Coordinates with other ADB units on further review and action on relevant reports received.
• Ensures processing of disbursement requests, review of withdrawal applications, verification of compliance with disbursement conditions and/or loan covenants, follow up on submission of required documents and review of their completeness and/or validity.
d. Database Maintenance
• Ensures completeness of database of legal documentation, financing and security documents and project contracts for new project approvals, as well as completeness of documents created in PSPM post-origination; and
• Supports the creation and maintenance of project related databases, tracking portfolio size, composition, and other characteristics, for management information.
f. Administrative and Planning Support
• Participates in the planning of various initiatives designed to facilitate PSPM’s interaction with other ADB units and in the development of systems and procedures to facilitate the credit administration process; and
• Coordinates the preparation of inputs for the annual work program and/or budget and assists in finalizing PSPM’s submissions related to ADB’s annual planning and budget exercises and mid-year reviews of annual budgets.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or related fields, preferably with advanced training
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience in credit lending and equity investments in corporate finance, project finance, infrastructure finance, or financial institutions preferably with a leading international financial institution, investment bank, infrastructure fund or consultancy firm.
• Excellent understanding of finance business principles and strong skills in client management.
• Good negotiations skills
• Able to work in a multicultural setting and strong team player
• Excellent written including effective report writing and verbal communication skills in English
• Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff levels 6-7.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.