Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
This vacancy is a local staff position. It is open only to nationals and residents of Tajikistan.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Project Analyst provides analytical and statistical support to Project Officer to achieve satisfactory project ratings for TJRM administered projects in various sectors. He/She provides technical assistance in project administration and portfolio management activities; and performs a wide range of project specific administrative tasks, including standard activities as may be directed by supervisor. The incumbent will report to Designated International Staff and senior National Staff.
• Assists in the administration of delegated projects;
• Reviews procurement documents and contract variations and prepares comments, prepares memorandums and no-objection letters for the approval of Sector Director. Records Procurement Contract Update Sheet in the Loan and Financial Information Services system to reflect changes;
• Consults, supports and provides guidance to the Executing Agencies (EAs) on contract administration;
• Supports and follows up with EAs to achieve disbursement targets. Consults EAs to familiarize with ADB Loan Disbursement Handbook procedures;
• Monitors and follows up with EAs on submission of project quarterly progress reports, annual audited project and entity financial statements, bi-annual safeguard reports, land acquisition resettlement plan, and other project implementation activities. Reviews reports, prepares comments/checklists, prepares and sends no-objection letters;
• Assists Project Officer and TJRM team to: (i) review, finalize annual contract awards and disbursement projections, (ii) identify shortfalls and agree on corrective measures, and (iii) monitor their implementation. Prepare and update Project Performance Summary Sheets for review missions, quarterly portfolio review meetings with Government, when required;
• Participates and assists team leader during project inception, review, and midterm review missions. Provides inputs and update project documents (Aide Memoires, Project Administration Manual, compliance with project covenants etc.) Supervises translation and submission of updated review mission documents to the EAs and Government agencies.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration or relevant field.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience, preferably in international agencies will be preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
• Good computer skills with sound knowledge of common word-processing, spreadsheets and graphics software used in ADB.
• Proven ability to undertake background research and analysis on difficult but well-defined tasks, collect and organize required data and information.
• Ability to manage priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.