Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in Procurement Division 2 (PFP2) within the Procurement, Portfolio and Financial Management (PPFD). PFP2’s responsibilities in terms of consulting services include: (a) providing policy advice on consulting services to user departments; (b) advising on consulting services transactions during project design and implementation; (c) processing and approving consulting services transactions as specified in consulting services guidelines, and related operations manual (OM), project administration instructions (PAIs) and Staff Instructions (SIs); (d) preparing, issuing and amending contracts for consulting services; (e) reviewing, revising, and advising on PAI and SI procedures and OM provisions on consulting, and preparing guidelines, manuals and handbooks on consultant recruitment; (f) maintaining the consultant management system and proposing its design enhancements to improve transactional efficiency; (g) actively participating in interagency engagement on consulting services and procurement issues; (h) actively participating in consulting services innovation and efficiency initiatives, including conducting selected studies; and (i) designing and delivering trainings on various aspects of consultancy procurement.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Procurement Analyst is expected to provide (i) technical and administrative assistance in the engagement of individual consultants under Technical Assistance (TA) and Staff Consultants budgets for ADB-financed projects, including preparation of the contract budget, offer letter and contract; and (ii) administrative support to the Consulting Services Unit’s operations. The incumbent will report to the Head of Consulting Services unit under PFP2, or other International Staff designated to Individual Consultant Selection unit (ICS).
Work independently on all or a combination of the following transactions and/or clearly defined areas, depending on the assignment/instructions from supervisors (International Staff and/or senior National Staff):
- Review of submissions. Reviews requests for recruitment of individual consultants to ensure accuracy and completeness of documentation, including provision of out-of-pocket expenses, duration of services, number of inputs and other special instructions as indicated by the User Unit. Ensures that requests comply with ADB’s policies and procedures for selection of individual consultants.
- Due diligence. Conducts due diligence of requests, including compliance with Anticorruption, Anti-Money Laundering, and similar databases.
- Checks and analyses data in Integrated Disbursement System to ensure that budget in the requests is within the available TA funds, and that project completion date is later than proposed completion date for the services.
- Prepares detailed narrative historical profile of all individual consultants both international and domestic (independent and through a firm) recommended for engagement, which includes number of engagements with ADB, relevant personal information, academic qualifications, general and professional work experience and/or firm’s detailed breakdown of expert’s billing rate.
- Remuneration rate. Reviews, evaluates, computes, determines, and recommends remuneration rate of international and national consultants to be engaged based on ADB’s consultant remuneration matrix and/or consultant’s previous similar assignments with appropriate increment applied, if necessary
- Form of contract. Decides the appropriate contract format to be applied, whether time-based, partial lump-sum or an all-inclusive lump-sum contract as proposed by the User Unit. Liaises with User Unit to ensure that all relevant costs are included in the contract and consistent with the provisions in the TA paper.
- Ensures conclusion of all engagement formalities for the timely fielding of the consultant.
- Providing advice and guidance. Responds to consultants’ queries on Consultant Management System registration, documentary submissions and other policies and procedures on recruitment of individual consultants.
- Provides guidance to user units on the engagement of individual consultants.
- Mentors, coaches junior colleagues on contract preparation, budgeting, and administration.
- Others. Contributes to the enhancement/improvements of PPFD’s productivity and systems.
- Liaises with Budget, People, and Systems Management Department and acts as the team’s focal person on consultants’ issues and concerns relating to insurance coverage under consultancy contracts.
- Performs other tasks as assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan and as requested by supervisor and Head of Consulting Services unit.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, commerce, development finance, information technology, mathematics, procurement, statistics, or related fields
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in consulting services or project administration or similar areas
- Familiarity with ADB’s Consultant Management System is desirable
- Thorough knowledge of ADB’s policies, guidelines, and procedures in the selection and contracting of individual consultants
- Familiarity with ADB’s operational procedures and requirements
- Good analytical skills in the screening of information submitted by users of consultant services, and by consulting firms and individual consultants in consideration of ADB’s operations and requirements
- Highly skilled in dealing with consultants of various organizations, cultures, and countries; must achieve successful contractual arrangements and good working relationships not only with consultants, but also with ADB clients from user departments
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Familiarity with Integrated Disbursement System is an advantage
- Ability to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location and throughout ADB
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Level 6.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.