Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. from AS to NS, or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first two performance reviews after appointment at the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new category.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Office of the Chief Economist and Director General (EROD) within the Economic Research and Regional Cooperation Department (ERCD). The ERCD, led by the Bank’s Chief Economist and Director General, is supporting the Bank’s mission through providing macroeconomic forecasts, producing statistical databases, undertaking country diagnostic studies and other analytical work, and fostering regional cooperation and integration.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Operations Analyst will provide analytical, technical, and administrative support with respect to the division’s assigned technical assistance (TA) portfolio including TA administration and processing, engagement of consultants; support in organizing knowledge events; and research assistance and data analysis. The incumbent will report to a designated International Staff and Senior National Staff.
Technical Assistance Administration
- Support the processing, administration, and management/implementation of Technical Assistance (TA) projects, including coordination among stakeholders; assists in the maintenance of project records in ADB systems; recruitment of consultants and management of consultant contracts.
- Liaise with relevant ADB’s departments and offices to ensure proper contract management, disbursement, and other areas as relevant.
- Draft internal and external correspondences, such as memos for requests for additional financing, TA extension, letters of agreement, contract variations, and government concurrences.
- Contribute in the review of project administration documents such as concept papers and draft TA reports; and apply project administration instructions outlining all the required details such as project description/scope and design and monitoring framework.
Knowledge Management Coordination
- Provide analytical and administrative support to the preparation of various briefing notes, presentations, reports, publications, and other knowledge solutions;
- Support the organization of seminars, outreach events, both internal and external, including facilitating all budget requirements, advances and liquidations, payments to suppliers; drafting briefing notes for resource persons/speakers; and timely completion of logistical arrangements.
- Provide analytical support for data gathering and graphical presentation of data for the division and other research priority.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, or related fields
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Effective report writing, editing and verbal communication skills in English is required
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and Power Point); Familiarity with ADB databases would be an advantage
- Knowledge of ADB business processes for consultant engagement and project administration instructions would be an advantage
- Able to work collaboratively as a good team player
- Good coordination, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for AS6-7.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.