Eurasia Group, an independent research and consulting firm specializing in global political risk analysis, is seeking an organized and motivated business development associate for our Japan client portfolio. This position is located in the firm’s Tokyo office. For more information, please visit our website at www.eurasiagroup.net.
In this position, you will be responsible for providing client management support to our existing Japanese corporate and government clients proactively working to drive sales and develop new business. Responsibilities will include researching potential new clients and projects, as well as administration, project management, and coordination of the firm’s ongoing services in Japan, including both retainer-based relationships and tailored consulting projects.
- Assist the team with conducting regular analysts’ Japan trips by arranging meetings with clients, putting together meeting notes and schedules, translating clients’ questions ahead of the meetings and sharing with analysts, etc.
- Finalize and publish the Japanese deliverables and notifications.
- Assist the team with organizing Eurasia Group’s events in Tokyo such as the annual Geopolitical Summit, ad-hoc receptions and marketing events.
- Communicate externally and internally to fulfil clients’ day-to-day requests.
- Help close new sales with clients and prospects on retainer advisory service and tailored one-off projects.
- Regularly update the client and prospect database
You will have a solid understanding of the Japanese business world, and experience in building and supporting multiple client relationships in an entrepreneurial environment. You will have a background in the Japanese business sector, a demonstrable familiarity with Japanese business culture, and a strong interest in foreign affairs and politics. Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities are required for this position.
You will have at a minimum an undergraduate degree in a relevant field; a Master’s degree is preferred, but not required. Advanced Japanese language skills are required, native-level preferred. All applicants must be eligible to work in Japan.