IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit http://www.ifc.org
Private sector financial development is essential to the promotion of successful and sustainable economies in low and middle-income countries around the world. Sound and efficient financial markets can ensure that resources are allocated where they are most productive, assisting job creation and spurring economic growth. IFC’s goal is to prioritize investment in the financial sector because it promotes development in all other sectors.
The Financial Institution Group (FIG) is one of IFC’s key Departments responsible for a significant portion of IFC’s business volume, profitability, and development reach, approximately 40%. FIG engages in a wide range of sub-sectors including Microfinance, SME, Gender, Climate, Insurance, Capital Markets, Housing, Distressed Assets, and other areas, with both
The FIG’s Latin America and the Caribbean team (FIG LAC) is based across the LAC region with main hubs and locations in Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, and Sao Paulo. The team members work on both new business development and processing, and portfolio management across the region.
The FIG LAC team is seeking to hire one Associate Investment Officer based in Sao Paulo, Brazil to help grow and develop business in this country.
Do you want to build a career that is full of meaning and impact? Apply now!
Roles and Responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop relevant and innovative financial structures that demonstrate an understanding of IFC’s value added proposition and lead to new business opportunities and repeat customers;
• Actively participate in the structuring, negotiating and execution of deals in a lead or supporting role;
• Analyze and appraise all aspects of new investment proposals (debt and or equity) including financial, operational, commercial, legal, corporate governance, and environmental and social sustainability elements; and prepare investment recommendations where appropriate;
• Prepare investment review materials and presentation to investment committee to obtain approval. Negotiate in coordination with internal and external legal advisors the legal agreements and documentations of the transaction;
• Participate in negotiations; use negotiation skills to overcome impasses and finalize negotiations in straightforward transactions;
• Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, global and regional private businesses, banking and multilateral partners to further develop the sector and to develop specific investment opportunities;
• Track compliance of portfolio companies with reporting requirements, including monitoring the flow of financial statements and other reports, monitor development results; aggregate and analyze portfolio information data; coordinate communications with the necessary departments; monitor client compliance with their legal agreement with IFC. Propose courses of action in the event of non-compliance;
• Identify and evaluate opportunities to increase the development impact of new or portfolio projects.
• MBA or equivalent qualification with specialization in finance.
• At least 4+ years of working experience in finance with a proven track-record of supporting the origination process, structuring, and closing investments. Strong preference for someone with investment experience in the financial sector
• Strong financial and credit skills; proven ability to structure a variety of financial instruments (debt and equity)
• Modeling skills
• Client relationship skills, track record and ability to focus on clients’ needs effectively
• Facility to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries
• Strong inter-personal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds
• Highly motivated, committed to highest ethical standards
• Genuine commitment to sustainable development
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Portuguese, Spanish a plus.
|City, State:||Sao Paulo|
|Closing date:||May 28, 2021|