IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our six decades of experience to create opportunity where it’s needed most. In FY15, our long-term investments in developing countries rose to nearly $18 billion, leveraging our capital, expertise and influence to help the private sector end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit http://www.ifc.org.
The Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services (MAS) Department provides equity and loan financing to projects in the following sectors: manufacturing, agribusiness, construction materials, retail, tourism, property, forestry, energy efficient machinery, chemicals, life sciences, health and education. We offer an integrated approach that combines financing based on prudent commercial principles with industry expertise and assistance in maximizing projects’ social benefits while minimizing environmental footprints.
The MAS Department is looking for a highly motivated Associate/Investment Officer to be based in Kiev to support IFC’s deal execution, portfolio and business development in Agribusiness and Manufacturing sectors across Europe, Middle East and North Africa.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 2 year term appointment.Background / General description
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist in evaluating, structuring, negotiating, and closing new transactions;
• Develop appropriate financial structures for straightforward transactions;
• Supervise existing portfolio of clients, participate in and lead portfolio actions such as changes to approved terms, restructurings, equity sales, etc.;
• Participate or lead negotiations as appropriate; use financial competences and interpersonal skills to overcome impasses and lead negotiations to a successful outcome;
• Work with senior staff to develop a strong pipeline of good quality investment opportunities;
• Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, global and regional private businesses, banking and multilateral partners to develop specific investment opportunities;
• Coordinate closely with social, environmental, and technical assistance colleagues in order to add value to our clients’ businesses, find pragmatic solutions to the specific sector challenges, and achieve sustainable development impact;
• Identify and evaluate opportunities to increase the social development impact of new and portfolio projects.DRDuties and Accountabilities
• MBA or equivalent qualification;
• 4+ years’ experience in finance with a proven track-record;
• Strong financial and credit skills; demonstrated experience in a variety of financial instruments (debt and equity);
• Solid knowledge of industries, industry trends and opportunities in the sub-region;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Russian. Fluency in Ukrainian is a plus;
• Strong inter-personal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds;
• Genuine commitment to sustainable development and to highest ethical standards;
• Willingness to travel extensively.
Note: Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. IFC’s Recruitment and Employment Policies reflect its strong values for cultural, racial and gender diversity. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.SCSelection Criteria