Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1 Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle.
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. from AS to NS, or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first two performance reviews after appointment at the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new category.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Government Relations Unit (CSIS-GR) within the Corporate Services Department (CSD).
CSD manages the building, office space facilities, and delivers over 70 diverse services essential for ADB’s operation. It provides administrative support to ADB Management and staff and delivers quality products and services at an affordable cost. The office is headed by the Director General (DG) and supported by Division Directors who manage the respective business units.
CSIS-GR is responsible for implementing the privileges and immunities provided for ADB and ADB personnel under the Agreement Between the Asian Development Bank the Government of the Republic of the Philippines.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Associate Government Relations Officer (Tax-Exempt Transactions) is responsible for providing operational and administrative support in policy review, and the effective and efficient administration of tax-exempt vehicle importation, registration, disposal, and other related services. In addition, the Associate Government Relations Officer also monitors performance of ADB’s contractors for vehicle registration and licensing services; and oversees preparation of reports for the government agencies; provides guidance for staff on vehicle related transactions; develops communication and IT solutions for the implementation of ADB’s policies in relation to tax-exempt vehicles (TEV). The incumbent will report to the designated International Staff and senior National Staff.
- Contributes substantially to the review of ADB policies, procedures and guidelines regarding TEV matters (including importation, registration and disposal).
- Coordinates the overall CSIS-GR policy in relation to Privileges and Immunities to ensure that the TEV program complies with the parameters of the privilege.
- Contributes to upgrading and modernization of the IT system for TEV transactions.
- Oversees vehicle registration/licensing, disposal/replacement of TEV by:
- Reviewing correspondence on disposal/importation of replacement vehicle; and
- Coordinating with concerned ADB staff, service providers and commercial entities and with various government bodies for expeditious/smooth clearance of ADB’s requests.
- Monitors the transactions to prevent abuse of the TEV privilege and prepares statistics of cars disposed of with corresponding taxes and duties paid and selling price.
- Provides guidance to junior staff /other departments in the preparation/processing of various documents for disposal, registration, and importation of replacement vehicle.
- Analyzes and monitors development of the Philippine laws, rules, regulations and government practices on car importation and local purchase of assembled cars; and compiles the materials for management review.
- Maintains and updates documents and records (e.g., consolidated list of TEVs) and develops means for more accurate record keeping.
- Monitors and tracks changes in government procedures, requirements and fees, as well as records/history of staff transactions, etc. and provides feedback to CSIS management and recommendations on how to advocate with the government for policies and regulations that support ADB’s needs.
- Coordinates directly with ADB staff and provides advice on procedures/guidelines for disposal/importation of replacement cars, and with local dealers of imported cars and local manufacturers.
- Develops and implements internal controls to prevent the abuse of the TEV privileges.
- Oversees and coordinates with ADB-appointed contractor/s for the registration of TEVs of ADB and staff, and the provision and renewal of Philippine driver licenses for staff and their dependents.
- Reviews and monitors the performance of contractors, regularly submits report on Service Level Agreements, and recommends to Unit Head, Government Relations (CSIS-GR) the retention or termination of contract.
- Provides substantial inputs and recommendations to Unit Head, CSIS-GR in the resolution of cases/problems relating to vehicle importation, registration and disposal, and drivers licenses.
- Coordinates with other Divisions within ADB to ensure that the policies and procedures are provided to new and departing staff and retirees.
- Provides support to Unit Head, CSIS-GR in corresponding with government agencies such as DFA, DOF, BOC, BIR, and LTO.
- Monitors/verifies release of reminders to staff for renewal of their tax-exempt/tax-paid vehicle registration and driver licenses.
- Oversees the preparation of the unit’s monthly status of work report and other related documents.
- Prepares annual budget report as well as monthly budget variance reports for TEV team; regularly monitors budget utilization.
- Reviews accuracy and timely processing of invoices and recommends approval to Head, CSIS-GR.
- Oversees staff in the preparation of documentsrelated to disposal, replacement and registration.
- Evaluates performance of staff under supervision for approval of Unit Head, CSIS-GR; recommends overtime work.
- Updates the CSIS-GR website relating to the TEV transactions.
- Provides induction and training to staff whenever necessary.
- Contributes in the ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001 certification and compliance process.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned as reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Management, or related field; preferably with advanced training.
- At least 6 years relevant experience working on administrative services for an organization.
- Knowledge and understanding of the privileges and immunities of diplomatic mission or international organization and its personnel under the concerned agreement between the host and government, would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge and understanding of government procedures related to privileges and immunities of diplomatic mission or international organization and its personnel.
- Excellent computer skills with thorough knowledge of common word-processing, spreadsheets and graphics software used in multilateral organizations.
- Thorough knowledge of ADB’s standard IT platforms and familiarity with database management systems and other types of software/systems would be an advantage.
- Ability to handle constant volume of work and tight time constraint without loss of accuracy.
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English.
- Ability to develop rapport internally and externally in a multicultural environment.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for National Staff levels 1-2.
The selected candidate, if new to ADB, is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.