IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
The Treasury Client Solutions Department provides IFC’s clients with innovative forms of local currency financing with a focus on the development of domestic debt markets to help increase the capacity for long-term local currency investment. The group has global responsibility for derivative transactions (cross currency swaps, interest rate swaps, currency forwards, and Eurodollar futures), structured products (securitizations, covered bonds, credit guarantees, risk sharing facilities, structured debt funds and similar structures), and debt capital markets including IFC’s own local currency bond issuances as well as managing IFC’s market-funded balance sheet jointly with other Treasury units.
IFC is conducting a search for an Associate Financial Officer to join the Treasury Client Solutions (TCS) Department in Washington D.C. focusing on the Asset and Liability Management of IFC’s market-funded balance sheet.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a 3-year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities
• Take shared responsibility for leading the day-to-day Asset and Liability Management (ALM) of IFC’s market-funded portfolio;
• Monitor, analyze and reconcile currency, interest rate and other market risk exposures, as well as make recommendations for hedging actions;
• Proactively identify and troubleshoot ALM related issues as they relate to systems, databases or pricing engines as a part of daily ALM;
• Work closely with other Treasury units to ensure the delivery of the required analytical and ALM-related outputs, reports and help prepare for management reviews in an accurate and efficient manner;
• Liaise with internal stakeholders in managing IFC’s asset liability exposures;
• Contribute to the development of policies, procedures and setting of limits related ALM and TCS business more generally and update ALM processes to accommodate new products; and
• Collaborate with the senior staff in streamlining and improving the overall ALM processes, various reporting and data analytics needs related to LIBOR and SOFR portfolios as well as overall business functions performed by Treasury Client Solutions Department.
• MBA or master’s degree with at least 4–8 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Degree in quantitative discipline such as Finance, Financial Engineering, Economics, Financial Mathematics, Math, Physics, Statistics, Engineering or related fields is an advantage;
IFC offers rewarding careers in a challenging environment that allows for professional and personal growth with:
• An exciting opportunity to work in key areas of strategic priority within IFC;
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
|Country:||-- United States|
|City, State:||Washington D.C.|
|Closing date:||January 28, 2022|