Purpose of Job
The Assistant, Legal in Kiev RO is responsible for providing administrative, legal and secretarial support for 3 lawyers and 3-5 bankers. The role is responsible for the smooth running of work for lawyers and bankers including travel planning and expenses, diaries, meetings and preparation of necessary documentation.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Preparation of Powers of Attorney, Proxies, Certificates, getting them signed and notarised upon request;
- Preparation of Draft review emails of the Agreements;
- Composition of Signing Announcements and Confirmation emails before and after signings of the Agreements;
- Checking the signatures and seals of the parties when preparing conformed copies of the signed Agreements;
- Drafting Appointment Letters and emails for Direct Selection of outside counsel and administrating the invoice process;
- Production of safekeeping for the documents;
- Searching for the documents that are already in safekeeping, upon request;
- Stitching of Agreements upon request;
- Preparing folders and all necessary documentation for OpsComs, SBIC and Board Meetings when required;
- Establishment of project folders upon request;
- Maintaining comprehensive hard copies and online filling systems (Livelink) to ensure instant retrieval of documents.
- Screening telephone calls, responding to, and independently dealing with external queries;
- Passing on calls to other members of the department as appropriate;
- Managing diaries, arranging internal and external meetings and conference calls;
- Receiving visitors;
- Making hotel/ travel arrangements (if/when trips are allowed), itineraries and arranging visas;
- Arranging translations of the documents;
- Handling expense claims relating to travel, hospitality, following up on reimbursement and monitoring corporate card bills to ensure all costs are recovered in a timely manner;
- Filing, typing, photocopying and scanning different documents and Agreements;
- Providing support as necessary for other secretarial staff as and when required;
- Reception-related tasks on request: courier/mail delivery dispatch on request; responding to reception-forwarded calls, responding to general email enquiries.
Qualifications & Skills / Experience & Knowledge
- Secretarial and administrative experience;
- Fluent English, Ukrainian and Russian both written and spoken;
- University degree;
- Computer literate: Windows Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point;
- Good organisational skills and ability to work on own initiative;
- Excellent communications skills, including pleasant and efficient telephone manner;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.