Purpose of Job
The Assistant Analyst, EPG, provides support to the Associate Director and Analyst on macroeconomic and structural reform analysis and policy advice for one of the Bank’s sub-regions, encompassing Turkey and Russian Federation.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Monitoring data releases in order to maintain department’s databases on the region and monitor local media and commercial sources about economic and policy developments in the region.
- Liaising with the relevant authorities to keep the team abreast of relevant activities and developments.
- Support Associate Director and Analyst in drafting contributions for the department’s regular publications, including the country briefing notes, Regional Economic Prospects etc.
- Support Associate Director and Analyst in preparing regular growth forecasts and long-term macroeconomic scenarios to be used in the financial models by the Banking department.
- Providing input for presentations to be delivered in the Bank and to outside audiences.
Qualifications & Skills / Experience & Knowledge
- University degree or some relevant work experience.
- Computer literate: Microsoft Windows suite: Microsoft Outlook, Word, advanced Excel and PowerPoint are essential; experience in using databases would be an advantage.
- Advanced level of numeracy skills.
- Good written and oral communications skills in Turkish and English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in teams.
- Motivation, attention to detail, common sense, ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to operate sensitively and effectively in a multicultural environment.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.