Position Title: Analyst, Information Systems & Analytics
Department: Strategic Information and Systems
Reports to: Associate Director, System Design and Evaluation
Location: Boston (10% travel)
The Analyst will assist with maintenance and enhancement projects related to organization-wide data, reports, and systems. The analyst will partner with clinical teams (ex. Mental Health, NCD, HIV) and operational teams (ex. Development, Supply Chain, Finance) across all PIH sites globally to analyze data and explore ways to increase efficiency, reduce parallel processes, bolster application support, grow end user tool adoption, expand access to cross-functional data, and improve the ability of our stakeholders to make data-driven decisions. The Analyst needs to be able to learn tools and processes quickly while being responsive to fluid stakeholder needs.
- Application Support (35%): Provides helpdesk support and troubleshooting for various systems such as, but not limited to, OpenMRS, CommCare, Serenic (MS Dynamics NAV), Raiser’s Edge, and MS Office 365 Suite, while bolstering PIH’s efforts to grow support capacity organization wide.
- Training and Documentation (25%): Supports training efforts to help build analytics and application capacity organization wide through specific trainings and the creation of educational materials and manuals.
- Data Management and Cleaning (15%): Assists in implementing PIH’s Data Warehousing strategy by interfacing with various teams to move data into a Data Warehouse, update and maintain permissions, identify relevant data relationships, mappings, and transformations, publish and analyze datasets for stakeholder use.
- Analysis & Report Development (15%): Develops dashboards and reports using analytics tools such as Power BI, Jet Reports, and Excel for various internal teams, cross-departmental and cross-geographical audiences, and management.
- Application and Process Design (10%): Assists in evaluating and improving processes across the organization using PIH’s stack of applications, leading requirements gathering and testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Business, Information Technology, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar area
- 1-3 years of relevant experience or coursework
- Proven ability to learn new systems, processes and problem solve
- Attention to detail
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and countries
- Advanced Excel skills
- Cover Letter and Resume required
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number of governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states and municipalities.