Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
USAID/RDMA-GDO Partners Meeting:
USAID’s GDO has recently undergone a restructuring that has resulted in a combined portfolio of economic growth and vulnerable populations technical assistance activities. This meeting will be the first meeting that will bring together all the partners under the GDO operating unit. GDO’s implementing mechanisms include regional programs, Thailand bilateral programs and China/Tibet activities. By convening all of GDO’s 11 implementing partners (IP) in a single meeting, GDO will provide an opportunity for partners to share challenges and how they approached them while also highlighting success stories. The meeting will also serve as a platform for USAID management to share recent trends and policies that impact our work in the region. This meeting will help create a common vision among a diverse set of partners and allow them to better understand how they fit into the larger RDMA and Indo-Pacific Strategies.
SI is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support this one-day workshop for approximately 55 participants, the goal for which is to help create a common vision among a diverse set of partners and allow them to better understand how they fit into the larger RDMA and Indo-Pacific Strategies. The event will take place on March 4th, 2020 in Bangkok, Thailand (dates not flexible). The period of performance for this assignment will be February 2020 – March 2020. The Administrative Assistant will assist in the organization of the event by supporting the event manager in sending out invitations to implementing partners, finalizing the venue, and managing event registration for all participants. The administrative assistant will also be responsible for note-taking during the event and for assisting the event manager as needed with editing the final event report, which will be a combination of any presentation materials along with notes from each session and any feedback provided and will be presented in the form of a PowerPoint slide deck. The administrative assistant will be supported by a Event Facilitator and an Event Manager. This is a short-term consulting position.
- Assist the event manager in the organization and set-up of the event workshop by sending out invitations to implementing partners.
- Support the administrative tasks of the event such as participant registration.
- Conduct a ‘dry-run’ of the event with GDO in Bangkok on March 3, 2020.
- Facilitate the event on March 4, 2020 and lead the CLA/Gallery Walk sessions.
- Draft a workshop summary report/slide deck incorporating presentation materials, notes from each session, and participant feedback (collected through a participant workshop satisfaction survey).
- A minimum of a Diploma or other certificate in communications or other relevant field.
- More than five years of experience in managing event registrations and invitations for meetings of large groups of international participants.
- Ability to work collaboratively and collegially with teams of varying skills in a cross-cultural environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong note-taking, writing and editing skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
- Bangkok-based Administrative Assistant is highly preferred.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com. SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identify, or protected veteran status. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.