Job Description: Administrative Assistant
Cambodia Integrated Early Childhood Development (IECD) Activity
Despite rising incomes, Cambodian families continue to face significant challenges that jeopardize children’s holistic development. The experiences of many young Cambodian children illustrate how adversities accumulate, increase families’ vulnerabilities, and undermine children’s ability to reach their developmental potential. Much progress has been made in Cambodia in the past 20 years in decreasing poverty, infant mortality, and disease burden through economic growth and investments in health, education, protection, and other sectors, yet the complex interplay of risks to child development has not yet been comprehensively addressed.
The Cambodia IECD Activity seeks to improve holistic development outcomes for young children by promoting nurturing care, preventing stunting, and increasing early identification of and intervention for children with developmental delays and disabilities. The IECD Activity takes a multi-sectoral approach to achieve these goals and focuses on the early childhood years, especially the first 1,000 days of life. The Cambodia IECD Activity also provides flexible support to meet the needs of families with young children as circumstances surrounding COVID-19 evolve.
Under the supervision of the HR and Admin Officer, the Administrative Assistant will perform the administration and reception roles for the project. S/he will provide all administrative and logistic assistance to the project operations and activities. S/he will also provide the reception service for the project.
Accountable for all administrative and reception services within project as below prescription but not limit to:
- Accountable for greeting and providing administrative support services for all guests who visit IECD’s project office in a professional manner,
- Provide logistical support for all trainings/workshops/project events in Phnom Penh,
- Support preparation of logistics materials for all trainings/workshops/project events in the field,
- Responsible for managing and coordinating out-going and incoming mail,
- Supervise one cleaner to ensure proper cleaning, hygiene and tidiness of project space, equipment, materials, meeting rooms and environment,
- Control meeting room schedules,
- Control office supplies and material inventory,
- Ensure office security by following regional and global guidelines. Coordinate with building for regular checks of fire alarm and proper lock of office doors,
- Responsible for coordinating internal and external meetings for IECD. This may include booking rooms, ordering refreshments, coordinating schedules, and meeting invites, and taking meeting minutes,
- Coordinate vehicle rental for project teams to conduct activities in the field,
- Coordinate visa and other travel requirements for CoP, regional and home office visitors,
- Supervise and monitor the purchase of consumables, office stationery and office supplies,
- Maintain project filing at Phnom Penh office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience,
- Demonstrated effective computer skills required,
- Relevant working knowledge in support service, administrative and reception tasks are highly preferred,
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications including Excel, Word, and Power Point preferred,
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, in English and Khmer,
- Ability to resolve problems, be tactful, and deal with persons of diverse cultures,
- Fluency in Khmer and proficiency in English.
The Administrative Assistant will report to the HR and Admin Officer.