The Administrative Assistant provides general admin support to the HQ Human Resources Department. Prior experience in Human Resources is not required, however a proven ability to maintain confidential information and a professional support-based attitude are crucial to the success of this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, with other duties upon request:
- Support the onboarding and offboarding of staff members through the distribution and filing of documentation.
- File memos related to employment lifecycle changes.
- Order business cards and badges.
- Draft department memos and email communications.
- Support the collection of files for external audit requests.
- Perform periodic internal audits of personnel files for accuracy and completeness.
- Review and submit coding for HR department credit card expenses.
- Draft employment verification and invitation letters.
- Support the tracking of annual processes including ethics, appraisals, and open enrollment.
- Supporting members of the department with administrative tasks and projects as requested.
Core Values: Understanding of and a demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2+ years office administration experience
- Ability to handle confidential and/or sensitive information
- Prior experience with databases a plus
- Strong grasp of Microsoft Windows environment including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Explorer
- Organized, logical, detail-oriented
- Ability to take direction, yet work independently and complete tasks on time
- Experience working in collaborative team environment
- Strong writing and grammar skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Internet savvy
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.