Multiple positions may be filled from this vacancy notice.
This is a 3-year special fixed-term appointment. A special fixed-term appointment will automatically and without prior notice expire at the end of the original or extended term. If the successful candidate is an ADB staff member holding a regular appointment, his/her regular appointment will be converted to a special fixed-term appointment.
Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB. 1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the HR Business Partners Division (BPHP) Division within the Budget, People and Management Systems Department (BPMSD). BPHP is responsible for providing strategic staffing and human resource requirements as well as access to HR services from the other units across the wider HR functions, among others. While housed in BPHP, this position may be assigned to various departments or offices in ADB HQ requiring temporary administrative support.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
During the special-fixed term appointment, the incumbent will be assigned to various departments/divisions requiring temporary assistance to support their operations. The incumbent will perform administrative and operational support services for various activities to support assigned initiatives or projects of the division. He/She will also be tasked to coordinate for knowledge dissemination activities, database management, and other administrative and operational functions. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and senior National Staff.
- Ensures that all correspondence and documents for supervisors are properly drafted, prepared, and submitted on time and in compliance with ADB’s standards.
- Provides administrative support by screening external calls and answers inquiries or routes them to respective staff within department.
- Ensures the effective coordination of supervisors’ schedules through efficient scheduling across offices and global time zones. Scheduling includes effective prioritization and resolving conflicts of competing demands. Responds to internal meeting requests timely.
- Coordinates travel arrangements including arranging mission schedules, obtaining visas, scheduling flights, booking hotel accommodations, preparing travel documents, and drafting itineraries.
- Ensures the office filing systems and records (both electronic in SharePoint and physical) are properly maintained and updated in accordance with an existing framework for easy retrieval.
- Depending on the assigned department, may be asked to assist in project processing, editing publications, basic accounting and treasury operations, HR administration, procurement, and research to support assigned initiatives or projects of the division.
- As required, may compile statistical data, prepare reports, and perform research assignments.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years relevant experience in a private or public organization
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Familiarity in videoconferencing tools (MS Teams, Zoom, Webex)
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills, with attention to details
- Good memo composition and editing skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds
- Ability to manage priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices.
- Ability to make quick procedural decisions and judgments, and handle sensitive information with confidentiality;
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Please refer to the link for the ADB Competency Framework for AS4.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.