Social Impact is preparing a proposal for an upcoming five-year USAID Jordan Technical Assistance Program (JTAP). JTAP will transform the organizational culture and capacity of the Jordan Ministry of Education and Ministry of Youth to successfully implement institutional reforms required to manage and monitor direct USAID investment. This will be achieved by providing complementary technical assistance to both Ministries as well as relevant stakeholders. The project is expected to begin in early 2021.
SI is seeking a Youth Technical Specialist to support the Deputy Chief of Party and develop partnerships in the youth sectors. This is a full-time position for the duration of the project.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Jordanian citizenship are eligible to apply.**
- Collaborate with officials and staff at the Ministry of Youth, USAID implementing partners, and other stakeholders in the youth development and education sectors in Jordan to assess Ministry capacity needs recommend a package of solutions, and implement them.
- Recruit, manage, and support youth development experts and consultants hired to carry out individual activities under JTAP.
- Maintain an up-to-date and thorough understanding of youth-related issues as they pertain to project components and priorities.
- Lead the technical design and implementation of activities to increase the capacity of the Ministry of Youth to receive, manage, and monitor direct funding from USAID.
- Minimum of a Masters’s degree in youth development, education, international development, organizational development, public policy or other relevant areas of study.
- At least four years of experience in managing youth-focused programs in Jordan and/or working directly with the Jordan Ministry of Youth.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the conditions of youth in Jordan, the governmental and private institutions with which they interact, and best practices in youth leadership development and youth empowerment.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Jordanian Arabic.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.