Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC in Jordan
Established in 2012 NRC Jordan’s long-term outlook addresses the problems affecting life as a refugee. We work to build the resilience of Syrians, and to relieve the impact on the Jordanian communities that host them. Syrian refugees in Jordan are struggling. As they contend with difficult living conditions across the country, the obstacles are complex. They struggle to remain registered as refugees, to provide for their families, and to access essential services – including education for their children. The Jordanian communities that host them, meanwhile, feel the impact of hosting high numbers of refugees – with each year that passes, local infrastructure becomes more strained.
Role Specific Information
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
The NRC youth programme provides trainings for young refugees from the age group 18-32 in Zaatari and Azraq camps, where young people gain technical skills (such as tailoring, welding, carpentry and other vocational skills). In 2017, the youth programme started a tailoring workshop to support producing garment items that are used or distributed to refugees in camps and host communities (i.e school uniform, baby clothing, school bags, jackets, T-shirts and other items). The workshop current capacity is 50 labors, and has a variety of fabrication and sewing machines.
In addition to tailoring workshop, the programme started a general fabrication workshop that includes carpentry, steel fabrication and painting sections. Which currently works on school desk and furniture fabrication and rehabilitation.
In order to fully achieve the workshop objective, NRC youth programme is seeking for an experienced person to manage the below tasks.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated Core Competency project portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
- Provide support in all areas related to pre-production and production including cost logs, production WIP, production work plans, estimate delivery time and number of workers and other production related areas.
- Provide plans and suggestions to utilize production resources.
- Work with the designer to breakdown the manufacturing cost for every product.
- Maintain cost logs and keep an updated report of every style developed per order, per product and produce monthly production reports
- Identify possible problems or issues with sampling process and facilitate resolutions of issues
- Track all production inputs and create safety stock levels for all production inputs
- Track costs of components, raw materials, and labor.
- Generate volunteer s payments following NRC payment structures
- Check and Follow-up Fabric and Accessories status with inventory and procurement team.
- Knowledge of related software and tools is a plus.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a university graduate with a minimum of two years previous experience in relevant field. Experience working in complex and volatile contexts. Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context. having Industrial Engineering background is preferable. Experience from working in planning of production lines. to have knowledge of production and its inputs and to have knowledge of local markets.
We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world’s biggest displacement crisis.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
Contract period: till 30th of September 2019.
Salary/benefits: 1024 JOD “subject to social security and Income tax”.
Duty station: Za’atari and Azraq Camps.
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities.
NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
B: Please enter your specific city of residency in Jordan in your application.
For more jobs follow us on Twitter @nrc_jobs