Expected period of performance for the assessment would be June 2019 to September 2019, with around three weeks in-country for fieldwork.
**Please Note: This is a local position. Only Cambodian citizens are eligible to apply.**
SI is seeking a Youth and Gender Specialist to provide sectoral and technical expertise in Cambodian youth and gender issues to support a youth assessment for USAID/Cambodia. This is a consultancy position.
- Advise and provide technical assistance during the assessment in the area of youth development, economic growth, youth populations, workforce development and gender.
- Participate in the literature review, preparation of assessment design and methodology, development of data collection tools, collection of data and analysis of data.
- Conduct key informant interviews in English and Khmer.
- Provide guidance and advice to the team on site selection for data collection as well as contributing general knowledge and expertise about gender and youth in Cambodia.
- Contribute to the draft and final reports as well as any other deliverables as determined by the client.
- Bachelor’s degree in development studies, social work, social science, or other relevant degree, with four years of work experience in development; or a Master’s degree with three years of relevant work experience.
- Extensive experience (at least five years) in youth development or youth programming, including understanding of youth cohorts that may be at risk for exclusion from development interventions.
- Awareness of gender issues in the Cambodia context, including gender norms and how gender interacts with other identity elements.
- Understanding of the Cambodia country and political context as well as development challenges.
- Strong oral and written English communication skills, and demonstrated ability to conduct interviews in English and Khmer.
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout Cambodia.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.