Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global leader in providing emergency relief, rehabilitation, post conflict development, human rights protection, resettlement services and advocacy for refugees and others uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is committed to restoring hope, freedom, dignity, and self-reliance. IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and thorough accountability to those we serve.
IRC is one of the first humanitarian organizations to bring together specific disciplines involved in violence prevention and response (VPR) in conflict affected settings to ensure collaborative and still specialized support to survivors and those at risk of violence. Over the past 16 years, IRC has pioneered and implemented programs that prevent and respond to violence against women and children, as well as other vulnerable groups in refugee settings and in other conflict-affected contexts, making the IRC a global leader in this field. IRC presently implements VPR programs in 26 countries across Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Haiti, with funding from governments, the UN, foundations, and private donors.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Women’s Protection and Empowerment Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will primarily focus on designing and setting up M&E systems for a IRC’s two-year project to develop, test and launch a program model and resources for mobile, remote and technology-based approaches to VAWG service delivery. The M&E Officer will be responsible for developing monitoring strategies and tools for the mobile service delivery project, supporting the pilot countries (Burundi, Iraq, and Myanmar) in setting up these systems, and be the focal point for data collection and lead on data analysis. This position will also be responsible for working with an external research partner on the evaluation of the project and will be the primary liaison between the country programs and the academic partner for the evaluation aspects of the project. The M&E Officer will also work closely with the WPE Service Delivery Specialist who will lead the program implementation and technical support to the country programs.
This position reports to the Senior Technical Advisor, Strategic Initiatives and is based in IRC New York Headquarters with upwards of 30% travel (can be up to 2 weeks at a time) to the
Main responsibilities include:
- Identify monitoring strategies and design tools for monitoring process and outcomes measures for the GBV mobile service delivery project.
- Act as the liaison between the VPRU TU, the external research partner and the country program teams on the GBV mobile service delivery project evaluation.
- Work closely with the external research partner on the design of the evaluation, coordination of data collection, data analysis and report writing.
- Oversee the editing, translation and design of the research report produced from the project for public dissemination.
- Lead on donor reporting for the project– working closely with the Service Delivery Specialist and the country program teams to ensure consistent and timely data collection and reporting.
- Work closely with the STA for Research and Advocacy and the STAs for Women’s Protection and Empowerment country support to improve our monitoring and evaluation of service delivery.
- Support on other M&E work as it relates to IRC’s new Outcomes and Evidence Framework (e.g. resource development for supporting the roll out of the OEF in the country programs).
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION
- MA in social work or other related field.
- 3-5 years experience in humanitarian, development or similar working on gender-based violence programming or research.
- Excellent oral and written communication, including proven success communicating in challenging and cross-cultural contexts.
- Demonstrated ability to lead research and evaluation methodologies, including qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis
- Demonstrated experience of using M&E to inform internal and external reports and programming
- Highly organized and self-motivated, able to work efficiently on his/her own
- French language proficiency desired
- Experience coordinating multi-country research or monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience working with DFID and/or other international donors;
- French language skills