The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
As talent acquisition lead for the West Africa region, the Senior Recruiter is charged with finding the most qualified candidates, who believe in IRC’s mission and are representative of the countries and region in which we work, including CAR, Chad, Cote D’Ivoire, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Sierra Leone and DR Congo. The Senior Recruiter is responsible for guiding candidates through our hiring process and connecting them to opportunities to work at IRC. The Senior Recruiter is creative and driven, with an interpersonal savvy that allows development of lasting relationships with both candidates and hiring managers. The Senior Recruiter is comfortable with numbers and drawing insights from HR metrics, to make our hiring process more efficient and effective.
From generating a talent pipeline and rosters to maintaining a successful offer acceptance rate, you manage the entire recruitment process. By leveraging your knowledge of our programs’ hiring needs and search requirements, you effectively match candidates with the roles in which they will be most successful.
- Oversee region’s international and nationalization recruitment efforts in support of country programs in collaboration with West Africa’s Regional HR Director, Regional Deputy Director, HR Leads, CDs and Senior Management teams
- Recruit highly qualified talent and achieve monthly and quarterly Time to Fill goals
- Support region’s surge efforts (proposals and emergencies) working closely with HQ Deputy Director, Surge as well as collaborating with region’s country programs
- Lead regional Talent Acquisition initiatives in support of the Human Capital Strategy while ensuring compliance to local labor regulations and donor requirements
- Coordinate with West Africa Regional HR Director and Regional Deputy Director on workforce plan to ensure proactive identification of projected openings
- Lead and develop Talent Acquisition teams based in the region and build solid mentor relationships.
- Provide an efficient and high-quality experience for every candidate from application stage to offer, evaluating skill level, driving the interview process and offer process, including robust reference checks, salary recommendations and closing of candidates.
- As requested by Regional HR Director, provide technical advice and support to West Africa country HR Leads and Recruiters
- Gain a deep understanding of IRC’s programs and operations, in order to provide superior talent sourcing, recruiting, and hiring in support of and partnership with hiring managers
- Develop and maintain talent roster using global Talent Acquisition system (Taleo)
- Generate Talent Acquisition reports for back-up support to other regions within the Talent Acquisition team as needed
- Travel up to 25% per yea r as necessary within the region
- Co-create a contextualized talent acquisition strategy to attract the best candidates in the region
Staff Management and Development
- Coach, train, and mentor regional staff with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance
- Supervise and mentor one direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and providing documented semi-annual performance reviews.
- Provide constructive feedback and counsel on appropriate career paths and professional development.
- Promote and monitor staff care and well-being; approve and manage all leave requests to ensure adequate coverage.
- Offer leadership support for successful adherence by staff to IRC’s Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
Work Experience: Minimum 3-6 years of senior level recruitment experience
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work in a ‘emergency’ context – fast paced environment and demanding priorities
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), job boards and social media tools and strategies to attract talent
- Demonstrated experience and ability to create, implement, maintain and improve recruitment strategies and systems in a high-volume context supporting employee groups of 500+ employees in multiple locations within a region or global environment required
- Demonstrated success in building professional relationships with key senior management and global partners
- Excellent project management, interpersonal and negotiation skills and a demonstrated ability to provide excellent client service in a cross cultural context
- Strong collaborator with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who is able to work seamlessly across countries, cultures, and organizational units required
Language Skills: Strong verbal and written English and French skills required
Certificates or Licenses: Certified Internet Recruiter certification a plus.