The Web Content Associate works closely with the Software Engineering department to assist in delivering content releases and updates to NDI’s web properties.
- Proactively monitors, manages and performs weekly client content updates in our CMS (Content Management System).
- Works closely with editors, consultants, project managers, and developers to ensure all requested updates/changes are understood and implemented accurately.
- Partners with cross-functional teams to establish web content guidelines where applicable.
- Assists with creating periodic analytics reports and participates in quality assurance testing.
- Collaborates pro-actively with project managers to review all work in progress, map out next steps and address any potential challenges ahead.
- Ensures site accuracy and consistency in terms of content, link usage, and functionality usage on all sites.
Peripheral Accountabilities/Responsibilities (Non-essential)
- Act as a back-up for other team members as needed.
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives as needed.
- Actively seek and engage in professional development opportunities to enhance knowledge in project/program management, and maintain a general working knowledge of relevant program trends and issues occurring external to NDI.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Incumbent operates under general direction, plans or coordinates work in accordance with established objectives.
- Incumbent regularly interacts with staff at all levels within NDI.
- Incumbent regularly interacts with NDI vendors/contractors and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science, Computer Science/Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- This is an entry level position requiring no previous work experience. Previous experience working with content management systems is desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of Drupal.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS skills highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Google Apps (Google Docs, Gmail, Calendar, and Google Drive).
- Knowledge of Google Analytics is highly preferred.
- Initiative and drive to plan, execute and complete projects in a dynamic work environment to include supporting a culture of collaboration, passion, quality, and creativity.
- Attention to detail, with a propensity to complete work accurately and with a focus on quality.
- Solid organizational, planning, and time management skills with demonstrated flexibility and the ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities and issues of varying complexity, while meeting time sensitive deadlines and deliverables.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person, and through various communication media.
- Solid interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to interact effectively and diplomatically with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- None required.
This position generally is performed in an office environment and may be suitable for partial telework.
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required, as well as attendance at external events.
- Sitting/mobility—to work at a desk and move around work areas.
- Speaking/hearing—to engage orally in conversation with others and conduct presentations.
- Seeing—to effectively use computer screen and for reading and interpreting printed materials, memos and other paperwork.
- Reaching/handling—to input information into computer systems and retrieve and work with appropriate paperwork, equipment and supplies.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
To comply with tax and legal obligations, all candidates for DC-based positions must reside in Maryland, DC or Virginia. While there may be flexibility for remote/hybrid work environments, candidates must be residents of MD, DC or VA or relocate prior to the start of employment at NDI.
This is a union position to be represented by the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU) Local 2.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. NDI does not provide sponsorship.
NDI is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). As such, NDI makes employment decisions and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s or employee’s race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state and local laws. If you need reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please notify NDI’s Human Resources department.
To apply please visit our website at www.ndi.org/careers.