Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Customer Sensitization Specialist candidates for the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Finance (WASH-FIN) program, funded by the United States Agency for International Development.
In Zambia, WASH-FIN aims to expand financing for viable water and sanitation service providers to increase investment in expanded access to or improved service quality of safe water and adequate sanitation. WASH-FIN is providing technical assistance to four Commercial Utilities (Eastern, Lusaka, Mulonga and Nkana Water and Sewerage Companies) to realize opportunities to create internal efficiency gains and structure commercially viable transactions where possible.
Nkana Water and Sewerage Company (NWSC) seeks to improve relationships with its customers through provision of service information and education to communities within its service areas on its metering practices and other efforts to ensure accurate customer billing. Efforts to improve relationships with the communities and its representatives require increased attention from NWSC staff to sustain the willingness to pay and revenues for improved service. To support NWSC in its efforts to improve its relations with the communities it serves and the local government, Tetra Tech would like to hire Short Term Technical Assistance (STTA) services of a Customer Sensitization Specialist in Kitwe, Zambia, for an engagement of approximately 39 days of Level of Effort, to be undertaken from late January to early April, 2020. A full Scope of Work will be provided to short-listed candidates.
* Prepare workplan and a stakeholder engagement plan/activities in consultation with Nkana Water and Sewerage Company and WASH-FIN.
* Conduct interviews including but not limited to focus group discussions with stakeholders to determine areas of intervention.
* Produce a report discussing findings, making recommendations and presenting a detailed community sensitization plan with timelines and estimated costs for future implementation.
* Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or any other relevant social science.
* Five (5) years working experience in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or any other relevant social science.
* Demonstrated experience working in developing communication plans and implementing them on at least one (1) project of similar complexity.
* Demonstrated experience in working with communities in water, sanitation and hygiene related sensitization or behavioral change programs is preferred.
* Experience in providing technical assistance or capacity building to organizations preferred.
* Experience working with USAID or on other donor-funded programs preferred.
* Excellent written and spoken English. Ability to converse in a local language (Bemba) is an added advantage.
* Zambian nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Reference List.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted. Deadline for applications is January 24, 2019.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.