QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
- Review legislation of Turkmenistan in the field of waste management and environmental protection, including the Laws of Turkmenistan “On Wastes” 2015, “On Ecological Audit” 2019, “On Nature Protection” 2014
- Prepare requests with the aim to collect necessary information on determining the pilot project area to local hyakimlik (local authorities) of Farap etrap, and other organizations performing waste disposal
- Prepare analysis and recommendations on experimental sites for determination of morphological structure of municipal solid wastes (MSW) based on received information from IE “Aslyhalal”
- Facilitate three online working group meetings, that including representatives of IE “Aslyhalal”, local state authorities, environmental CSOs, and update participants on prepared analyses and recommendations
- Prepare checklists and questions to conduct interviews with key beneficiaries for identifying solid waste sorting methods (list of organizations and people for the interview will be approved jointly with IE “Aslyhalal”)
- Submit presentation materials, checklists, and sample of questionnaires to the GSP office, at least once week in advance, in order for GSP to translate and print all necessary presentations and handouts
- Conduct remote, in-depth interviews, with three key informants who will be selected purposely, based on their knowledge of the community as it relates to waste management
- Develop a training module: “Precautions and Requirements for the Implementation of Morphological Composition of Solid Waste”, for the employees of a solid waste processing plant
- Develop instructions, and deliver online consultations, on health and safety requirements for performing physical work to determine the morphological composition of MSW for the waste processing plant workers
- Design and deliver online presentation on “Analysis of the Existing Situation on the Collection and Sorting of Municipal Solid Waste in the District Farap: Turkmenistan”, with strong visuals and graphics appealing to GSP’s national counterparts, particularly for the IE “Aslyhalal”, and local state authorities at the third online Working Group Meeting
- Prepare a Final Analytical Report on the results of the pilot project, including recommendations on the optimal methods for the primary sorting and recycling of MSW
- Waste Management professional with at least 10 years’ experience in improving solid waste management systems through status and gap analysis of technical, community, economic and regulatory aspects, option development, stakeholder consultation, feasibility and economic analysis, material recovery, and engineering designs
- Minimun of an undergraduate degree in a related field
- Strong knowledge of National Environment Policy Act’s rules and regulations governing operations, construction, design and closure of solid waste facilities
- Previous experience and demonstrated thorough working knowledge with solid waste and environmental pollution
- Proven knowledge in environmental policies and standards
- Proven ability to produce technical guidelines
- Excellent presentation, consultation, and public speaking skills, with experience in delivering presentations to large audiences
- Flexibility to adapt to last-minute changes to the program Agenda and audience
- Ability to interface effectively with team members, governmental counterparts, donors, and beneficiaries
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Written and spoken proficiency in English required, Russian language capability preferred
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
A submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal, indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative named basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.