Tetra Tech International Development Services and its partner Segura Consulting LLC (https://www.seguraconsulting.net/) are currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Communication Specialist candidates for the USAID-funded Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Finance (WASH-FIN) program.
Position Description/Summary: The Communications Specialist is responsible for leading the overall, implementation and evaluation of the communications objectives of the WASH-FIN Project Knowledge Management and Communications (KMC) strategy and work plan. This includes the development, oversight, and review of all project-related communications and outreach content and materials. The Communications Specialist will be central to ensuring that the project marking and branding plan is implemented consistently and correctly across the portfolio of 8 countries according to ADS guidelines. Although not integral to the position, there is some possibility of travel – up to 25%. The Communications Specialist will work under the overall direction of Chief of Party, in coordination with the Knowledge Management and Communications Lead based in Nairobi, Kenya, and the Project Management Team in Arlington, Virginia. This position will be a direct hire of Segura Consulting LLC.
* Review, validate, and improve the communications sections of the KMC strategy and implementation plan.
* Oversee the correct application of WASH-FIN’s branding and marking Plan; compliant with USAID regulations.
* Provide technical advice, training and support to the project staff regarding compliance with USAID’s branding and marking requirements.
* Develop communications materials in collaboration with technical staff, that leverage technical accomplishments (events, toolkits, manuals, documents and other resources), and milestones (e.g. transactions closed, country office close, etc.) such that these accomplishments are accessible, user-friendly, timely, and tailored for target audiences and stakeholders.
* Review WASH-FIN reports including weekly highlights, quarterly reports and annual work plans; prepare success stories and content for use in USAID Washington and Mission publications and media assets.
* Support development of information products based on evidence as generated by WASH-FIN activities, as needed.
* Prepare and manage press releases and relations in compliance with USAID policies and procedures for review.
* Package and facilitate the translation of complex information into easy to read and easy to use formats.
* Identify communication deficiencies around project activities and documents and learning events and propose adaptive measures to overcome these deficiencies.
* Ensure the language and approach used in project documents, manuals, guidelines and toolkits are appropriate for audiences in different social and cultural contexts.
* Draft talking points, speeches, press releases, presentations, and other materials as needed by the Chief of Party and/or Country Team Leaders or USAID.
* Build capacity of staff, partners, and other stakeholders to develop communications and knowledge products.
* Degree in communications, journalism, English or related field. Advance degree preferred
* A minimum of 5-7 years of work experience in the field of communications and/or journalism. Demonstrated experience developing and implementing communication strategies and plans.
* International field experience preferred.
* Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
* Proficiency in the development and production of communications materials.
* Knowledge of water and sanitation sector and/or infrastructure project finance or municipal finance desired.
* Inter-personal skills conducive to working in multiple countries, with a diverse set of actors.
* Ability to multi-task in a high-pressure work environment and work well in multi-disciplinary teams.
* Fluency in English (both written and oral) required; French or Portuguese desirable.
* Knowledge of USAID branding and communications desired.
* Cultural sensitivity, integrity and ability to work with minimum supervision.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 17,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.