Under supervision of the Development Manager, the Volunteer Civics Coordinator will provide support to the Citizenship program by assisting the immigration program in conducting community outreach, recruiting, screening and orienting new interns and volunteers for the citizenship program.
- Conduct outreach to local refugee, asylee and immigrant communities about the availability of IRC’s citizenship program.
- Recruit, screen, orient and match interns and volunteers with appropriate service opportunities.
- Record and track all volunteer time and keep accurate, properly documented electronic and paper records available for review and auditing.
- Maintain individual files on all volunteer and intern staff, ensuring all required documentation is complete, accurate and on file.
- Maintain and distribute accurate and up-to-date job descriptions for all volunteer and intern opportunities, ensuring job descriptions align with staff and client needs.
- Recognize volunteers and their service through events and communications.
- Respond to volunteer inquiries swiftly and keep volunteers informed about news and events.
- Comply with all policies and protocols of the agency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Minimum 1+ years related experience working with volunteer programs, program management and/or community organizing.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Computer proficiency (PC) required.
- Must be detail oriented, flexible and able to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment.
- Must be willing to interact with immigrants from a variety of cultural backgrounds and able to work both independently and as part of a team to ensure proactive, quality services to clients
- Bilingual in Spanish and/or Creole, preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, active insurance policy and access to reliable transportation.