VMMC Quality Assurance Advisor
Based in eSwatini
Reports to Medical Advisor
The position is contingent upon funding and donor approval
Who we are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare by putting the consumer at the center and, wherever possible, bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
We are looking for a VMMC Quality Assurance Advisor to help us plan and coordinate all activities under an anticipated 5-year CDC-funded Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision Activity in eSwatini. This position is based in Mbabane, and is contingent on award.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Collaborate with MOH and technical working groups to develop and adapt quality assurance and improvement plans for VMMC services, including external and internal quality assurance audits and continuous QA/QI monitoring plans.
- Support establishment or enhancement of internal quality assurance audits; train staff within the national VMMC program to perform audits, and apply findings to quality improvement efforts.
- Periodically review Quality Assurance processes/requirements.
- Participate in MOH led efforts to refine methods and systems for quality improvements of VMMC services.
- Oversee a team of Quality Assurance coordinators to continuously monitor the quality of VMMC services.
- Lead VMMC related AE and SAE reporting and management processes, and ensure timely reporting.
- Document best practices/lessons learned in implementing VMMC Quality Improvements initiatives.
- Maintain regular communications with MOH and other partners to strengthen Quality Improvement processes.
- Coordinate in addressing incidents or Quality Assurance related issues across functional teams. Summarize issues/problems and drive towards solutions.
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
- Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
- Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
- Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
- Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt
- Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Sciences, preferably in Medicine or Nursing.
- Demonstrated ten (10) years of experience in the implementation of VMMC programs or related HIV Prevention care and treatment programs.
- Previous experience working with VMMC service delivery and direct clinical VMMC experience required.
- Strong documented experience applying quality assurance and quality improvement principles and skills.
- Strong facilitation, training, monitoring and capacity building skills.
- Demonstrated experience implementing QA systems for HIV/AIDS interventions and familiarity with PEPFAR quality improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience with a mix of practical technical skills in VMMC necessary for strengthening HIV service delivery at the regional, national, clinical, and community-level.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Only candidates with current authorization to work in eSwatini will be considered.
*Due to high volume of applications, only finalists will be contacted. Curious about your status? Please log into your iCIMS account to find out.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.