The West and Central Africa Office of the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI-Dakar) seeks a highly-motivated Visual Communications Specialist II to join its team. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, creative, and team-oriented individual with experience creating and managing compelling visual communications. This position is a one-year, fixed term, renewable appointment located in Dakar (Senegal). Interested applicants must have work authorization to work in Senegal.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and produce all visual communications including print design, web graphics, photography, video production, and branding for WCAO and its programs.
- Oversee the branding, design principles and guidelines for all IFPRI WCAO materials and products, ensuring their consistent application
- Produce graphic designs for internal and external outputs including web graphics, social media, publications, promotional, and collateral materials including related coordination and management of vendors, as needed.
- Serve as photographer, and photo editor/manager including implementation and management of a digital photo library and online repository (Flickr), editing, selection, and distribution of photos for internal and external needs.
- Serve as videographer including production, filming and editing of videos and management of online channels.
- Create videos and graphics for web and social media forms.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree plus five years of relevant professional experience or master’s degree plus three years.
- Proven graphic design experience with a strong portfolio.
- Up-to-date and in-depth knowledge of desktop publishing software (e.g. Adobe Suite, PageMaker, InDesign), and photo and video-editing software.
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media and web 2.0 platforms, with demonstrated experience generating engaging visual content,
- Outstanding organizational and planning skills, and exceptionally detail-oriented.
- Solid project management skills, and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills; proven ability to be flexible in a team-oriented environment with diverse groups of people.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally if needed.
- Experience working on issues related to agricultural development, especially in Africa
- Experience in Editing and layout of documents, reports, publications
- Experience in photography, videography and video editing
- Some experience with computerized database management software
- Proficient with photo and video equipment and proven professional shooting experience with an eye-catching portfolio.