Senior Director, Financial Reporting, Planning and Analysis (13)
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Department: Corporate Finance
Date: September 22, 2016
Function of the Position:
The position will be based in Bethesda, MD headquarters and will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer. This person is a strategic leader who will interact directly with the Executive Leadership team as well as members of multiple groups, domestically and internationally, to develop effective financial reporting, processes, systems and recommendations that support the company’s strategy. Direct reports will include the Financial Planning and Analysis and the U.S Government Cost Accounting and Compliance functions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Financial Reporting – Manage the monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting and analysis functions, providing effective reporting and strategic analysis of DAI’s consolidated worldwide operating and financial performance to DAI Global Executive Team and other corporate leaders.
- Budgeting and Forecasting – Lead and manage the preparation and review of financial budgets and rolling quarterly forecasts. Oversee annual budget process and supporting systems.
- U. S Government Cost Accounting – Direct responsibility for US Government Cost Accounting, including policies and systems including indirect rate management, financial compliance, oversight of the preparation of Incurred Cost Submissions and DCAA audit support for multiple units providing services to the U.S Government.
- Accounting Systems – Manage strategic direction and continuous improvement efforts for DAI’s ERP system including determination of future upgrade priorities for information technology support staff.
- Quarterly Financial Review Process – Lead quarterly financial business reviews, defining the agenda and templates for reporting as well as analysis and recommendations for key business issues.
- M&A – Support M&A and due diligence activities as needed.
- Monthly Close – Work closely with the Controller to manage the monthly close process in a timely and efficient manner.
- Continuous Process Improvement – Oversee and contribute to the company-wide financial process improvement initiatives, implementing industry best practices, developing metrics for measuring effectiveness and efficiency while meeting the business needs;
Additional responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field and 15 years, or a Master’s degree in Accounting or a related field and 12 years of leadership experience in the accounting and finance functions of a high performing, similarly sized provider of technical consulting services to government and commercial clients.
- Equivalent education and experience will be considered.
- Direct experience and exposure to best practices for internal management reporting of key performance metrics.
- Direct experience working in the accounting and finance function of a similar sized service provider with detailed exposure to best practices and experience managing compliance requirements for large cost + CAS covered contracts and non US Government segments.
- Proficient/working knowledge of Oracle or similar ERP accounting systems as well as best practices in a US Government services environment.
- Experience managing financial operations of non US based operations.
- Must have the ability to hire and retain strong teams and have experience in delegating, training and empowering staff.
- The successful candidate will have strong written and oral communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with leadership and staff across all functional areas of the business.
- Cultural awareness, resilience and a sense of humor are important for this role.
CPA and/or MBA preferred
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. EOE – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans