Value Chains Expert
Qualifications and skills:
- A graduate degree in agriculture, agronomy, agribusiness, finance, economics, business administration or a related field.
- Excellent command of oral and written English.
- Full computer literacy.
General professional experience:
- 10 years of experience in sustainable agribusiness development and private sector investments.
- Experience in strengthening value chains in the agriculture in developing countries through working with producers, rural stakeholders, and private sector entities
- Experience in the field of extension, marketing, research.
- Support to farmers and farmers associations/organisations.
- Experience in developing, innovative private sector-driven approaches to development challenges.
Specific professional experience:
- At least of 5 years of relevant experience in value chain analysis and agribusiness and market development, formulation and/or implementation of agricultural investment operations in fragile states. .
- Experience in developing and executing strategies, plans and initiatives on agriculture development/transformation with particular emphasis on agribusiness.
- Experience in South Asia and/ or fragile states will be considered an asset.