Learns Act: 73.04
Context: USAID/Vietnam is procuring a new energy activity named Vietnam Low Energy Emission Program 2 (V-LEEP 2). The Request for Task Order Proposal was sent to the eligible Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) holders on March 6, 2020, with the due date of proposal submission on April 6, 2020. V-LEEP 2 is a five-year energy activity with the period performance from August 1, 2020, to August 1, 2025. This activity supports the Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) Development Objective (DO) 3: Environmental security improved and the Intermediate Result (IR) 3.1 Transition to clean energy system accelerated.
What are we hoping to accomplish? The Mission would like a Short-Term Technical Assistance (STTA) for 4 weeks to work with the Mission to conduct the technical evaluation of proposals received in response to the solicitation. The STTA will work with other Technical Evaluation Committee (TEC) members and the Contracting Office to review, evaluate the technical proposals and provide input for the cost proposals while leading the TEC memo writing and its finalization. The goal is to finalize the memo by April 27, 2020.
Minimum Skills required
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of the federal government Project and Procurement process are mandatory.
- Strong experience in working on clean energy programs.
- Experience and/or familiarity with Vietnam energy issues is an advantage.
- Excellent communication, writing and facilitation skills.
- Experience ideally working on USAID funded projects.
Detailed STTA duties: The STTA will support the Mission to:
- Work with the Mission staff to evaluate proposals for V-LEEP 2 activity.
- Take the lead in writing the TEC Memo and finalize it with inputs from other TEC members in consultation with Mission’s Contracting Office.
- Provide additional support to update the TEC Memo and support the Mission in preparing for awarding the contract.
Level of Effort (LOE): 192 hours (24 days x 8 hours)
Desired Timeline: April 7 to May 15, 2020
- An independent evaluation of the technical and cost proposals for V-LEEP 2.
- Draft and final consensus TEC Memo for Office of Acquisition & Assistance (OAA) review.
The closing date for application: March 27, 2020. Selection and interview will be performed constantly and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com. SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.