The urban and regional cooperation expert is responsible for providing the technical inputs to the project, in particular support to the elaboration, implementation and co-operation on Urban Cooperation Action Plans (U-CAPs) and Regional Cooperation Action Plans (R-CAPs).
In addition to the overall responsibility for the U-CAPs and R-CAPs, Кey Еxpert 2 should also share the lead on specific other tasks as defined in chapter 4.2 of the ToR with Key Expert 1.
Qualifications and skills:
- University degree at master’s level (or equivalent) in a discipline relevant to the scope of the assignment (e.g. social sciences, political science, international studies, economics, communication, geography, urban planning/development, architecture, engineering etc.);
- In the absence of a Master’s degree, equivalent relevant professional experience of at least three (3) years in addition to the required at least five (5) years of general professional experience;
- High proficiency of written and spoken English
The proposed KE2 must demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills required for communicating convincingly in a trust-building manner with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Strong personal skills in working in multi-cultural teams towards delivering high-quality results;
- Strong computer literacy skills;
- Eye for detail and accuracy, to ensure high-quality standards for the implementation and impact of all activities.
General professional experience:
- Minimum five (5) years, proven post-graduate professional experience in fields related to the assignment.
Specific professional experience:
- Minimum three (3) years, proven post-graduate professional experience in fields related to sustainable urban development and/or innovation for regional and local development;
- Having undertaken at least one (1) assignment of minimum (3) months in at least 1 project related to cooperation between sub-national entities and/or their groupings in an international context;
- Minimum three (3) years professional working experience in China.
In addition to the minimum requirements described above, the following assets apply. The assets will not form a basis for the rejection of an offer but will be used to further assess the strengths of Key Expert 2 that meets the minimum requirements:
- Experience in working with the research community, private sector and financial institutions in the fields of: sustainable urbanisation, regional development, research and innovation, cluster cooperation;
- Fluency in written and spoken Mandarin Chinese.