Our Manchester office is seeking a Transport Planner to join our expanding team, engaged in all aspects of traffic and transportation planning. This includes, transport assessments for new developments, masterplanning, urban regeneration projects and travel plans.
The successful candidate will assist in the preparation of all aspects of Transport Assessments and Travel Plans. You will work as part of a small team and will be required to undertake a variety of tasks to ensure that report delivery deadlines are met.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to become involved in a variety of exciting development projects and will be a critical part of a very busy, commercially focussed team which has an expanding workload. As part of your role, you will liaise with clients and other professionals including Architects and Town Planners and hence must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in transport/highway development planning
- Ability to deliver transport planning solutions, mentor junior staff and manage projects technically
- A good all round knowledge of all aspects of transport planning for developments from strategic appraisal through to transport assessments and traffic engineering
- Sound technical experience, including familiarity with relevant software e.g. LINSIG, TRANSYT, ARCADY and PICADY.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD/Track and GIS would be desirable
- Experience in preparing and writing transport assessment and travel plan reports with attention to detail
- Understanding and experience of working in the Planning Regulatory framework, application of current highway design guidance (such as MfS) and application of the relevant planning circulars and development control policies
- A track record of having worked on a variety of transportation planning projects
- A highly motivated individual and ideally a member of a relevant professional body
- Able to work to deadlines and work autonomously when required
- Understanding and experience of the operation of management systems for quality, financial and project controls
- HNC/Degree or other equivalent qualification in related subject
- A full driving licence is required
At WYG we develop, design and deliver interdisciplinary projects that support a sustainable future; from technical solutions to complex challenges. Our teams connect across a project lifecycle, creating tailored programmes that address client needs and manage risk.
- We work alongside clients to develop their strategies and plans providing the services they need to unlock opportunities.
- We design for outcomes that realise value for clients and make a difference in communities
- From single projects to large-scale programmes of work we deliver against our client’s objectives and are adept at working in complicated or highly regulated environments
WYG is now part of the Tetra Tech group, a leading provider of consulting, engineering, programme management, construction management, and technical services. As part of the Tetra Tech team – 20,000 people in over 450 global locations – we can achieve more for our clients, through a wider alliance of services and industry expertise across our markets.
WYG is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer several benefits for employees, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including additional holiday and travel insurance. You will also benefit from a tailored package or professional training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.