This evaluation will focus on media literacy projects or the media literacy components of projects implemented in 2017-2020 with funding from ACE and GEC with any fiscal year funds that partners were expending during this timeframe. Media literacy encompasses the practices that allow people to access, analyze, critically evaluate, create, and act using all forms of communication. The period of performance is anticipated to last one year.
SI is seeking a local interpreter to provide interpretation and translation services for the evaluation team. This position is level of effort based and will be approximately three days. The translator will report to the Social Impact Project Manager.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Polish citizenship will be considered.**
- Provide Polish language to English translation support to the team throughout the evaluation, with proven experience translating in evaluations and the subject technical area.
- Provide Polish language interpretation for SI employees and consultants in meetings with local relevant stakeholders, focus group discussions, and key informant interviews.
- Other interpretation/translation tasks as assigned.
- Work closely with SI HQ team and communicate in a timely and effective manner with all project personnel.
- Fluency in English and Polish language.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Previous experience working on DOS or other USG-funded projects in Europe and Eurasia of similar size and scope.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.