Social Impact has been commissioned to perform an evaluation of media literacy projects by the Bureau of Europe and Eurasia/Office of the Coordinator of Assistance to Europe, Eurasia, and Central Asia (EUR/ACE). It will be a performance evaluation of media literacy assistance projects carried out by USG donors and one USG-funded implementing partner in Europe and Eurasia: The Global Engagement Center (GEC); the Department of State’s Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor (DRL); the National Endowment for Democracy (NED); and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). The objective of the evaluation is to assess the effectiveness of these partners’ past and on-going projects, and to inform future funding decisions of the Bureau of Europe and Eurasia/Office of the Coordinator of Assistance to Europe, Eurasia, and Central Asia (EUR/ACE) and to identify and apply lessons learned from the evaluation to future programming in the region. The intended audience is the implementing partners plus ACE, EUR, SCA, U.S. embassies and USAID Missions in Europe, Eurasia, and Central Asia.
This evaluation will focus on media literacy projects or the media literacy components of projects implemented in 2017-2020 with funding from ACE and GEC with any fiscal year funds that partners were expending during this timeframe. Media literacy encompasses the practices that allow people to access, analyze, critically evaluate, create, and act using all forms of communication. The period of performance is anticipated to last one year.
SI is seeking a local interpreter to provide interpretation and translation services for the evaluation team. This position is level of effort based and will be approximately three days. The translator will report to the Social Impact Project Manager.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Latvian citizenship will be considered.**
- Provide Latvian language to English translation support to the team throughout the evaluation, with proven experience translating in evaluations and the subject technical area.
- Provide Latvian language interpretation for SI employees and consultants in meetings with local relevant stakeholders, focus group discussions, and key informant interviews.
- Other interpretation/translation tasks as assigned.
- Work closely with SI HQ team and communicate in a timely and effective manner with all project personnel.
- Fluency in English and Latvian language.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Previous experience working on DOS or other USG-funded projects in Europe and Eurasia of similar size and scope.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.