- To Provide technical expertise and support in Managing and coordinating the Transform fund activities/operations through the development of the strategies, policies and guidelines for the funds management and coordinating closely with donors, beneficiaries and other internal/external stakeholders to successfully implement identified projects; facilitate faster approval and implementation of projects.
To promote joint activities that would lead to innovation and entrepreneurship through the application of science and technology. The role is also expected to provide insights in marketing the Transform Fund to support and generate public good through facilitating the commercialization of technology developed through sustained partnerships among researchers and entrepreneurs inside and outside the MCs for societal impact.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES::
Fund’s Operational Guidelines and Policy Development:
- Develops operational guidelines for the utilization of the Fund’s resources to facilitate and standardize the execution of the launching process.
Consolidates lessons learned from the launching of the Fund and incorporates learning’s through update of policies and guidelines to maintain continuous improvement of the operational process of the Transform Fund.
- Supports in the development and enhancement of the Application Forms and the screening & evaluation criteria and monitors the processing of the Application Forms to the Fund on the online “Engage” Platform.
External Fund Management and Coordination:
- Acts as an interface between the Transform Fund External Manager and the Bank’s various departments FPPA, Investment Departments and beneficiary clients.
- Provides technical support to the Transform Fund internal administrator and External Manager.
Supports the Lead and the Investments unit under the Vice President, Finance & CFO for the management of the asset allocations of the fund and the distribution of returns on the fund.
- Supports in conducting Due Diligence processes of investments in new funds.
Projects Management and Implementation:
- Implements and supervises the Calls for Innovation under the Fund, addresses enquiries raised by nominees and provide technical support to the screening process, etc.).
Prepares regular progress report on the submission and contributes to the identification and selection of projects and activities under the Fund.
- Provides support and oversees the evaluation process to ensure that the online selection process on Engage platform is concluded successfully.
Supports in the preparation of the final recommendation report to the two governing bodies of Fund, Scientific Advisory Board and Board of Trustees and support the convening of the final selection meetings.
- Support portfolio Management of the on-going projects to ensure that the work progress is following the agreed plan and the signed Agreements.
- Follow up with the concerned team internally for timely disbursements of funds.
- Provide necessary guidance on planning, implementation, reporting and closure.
Outreach & Marketing:
- Contributes to promoting the Transform Fund to support and generate public good through facilitating the commercialization of technology developed through sustained partnerships among researchers and entrepreneurs inside and outside the MCs for societal impact.
- Coordinates with the Communication & External Relations Unit and Global Partnership and Resource Mobilization Unit to develop outreach programs to promote Transform Fund branding, its development objective and value proposition for creating visibility and mobilizing resources to the Fund’s capital.
- Assist sin developing promotional materials about the Fund including brochures, leaflet knowledge products, learning materials and videos.
Fund’s Financial & Administrative Reporting:
- Supports in the preparation of the annual administrative and operational budget of the Fund.
Contributes in the development of key results targets and performance indicators (KPIs) related to the strategy and operational plans of the Fund to ensure the achievement of the Fund objectives.
Supports in the preparation of the annual performance evaluation report on activities of Fund to be submitted to the Management.
Knowledge Sharing & Innovation
- Provide expertise and guidance to less experienced staff of the Fund on management techniques.
Disseminate knowledge and technical information where and when needed.
- Keeps the Fund’s senior Management fully abreast of the latest developments in the business.
QUALIFICATON / EXPERIENCE::
Academic and professional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Investment, or any related field. Master’s degree would be preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in Startups, job creation, commercialization, developing sound business proposals, project management, dealing with fund managers.
- Familiarity and experience in Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
SKILLS AND NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE::
- Advanced Financial Management skills
- Ability to Work with different stakeholders
- Experience in Managing fund raising events
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- Advanced Planning and Organizing Skills
- Good Negotiation Skills
- Analytical thinking
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Business acumen
- Awareness of the development challenges