The Principal Consultant (PC) will support the development of a trade and investment (TI) business stream, bringing specific expertise in or around the negotiation of trade agreements and policies.
The successful candidate will build a portfolio of TI projects and develop internal and consultant teams to ensure a high quality and consistent TI offer.
The PC will work collaboratively across the business to further enhance our activities and develop our broader portfolio of work with a wide range of existing and new clients. This will involve identifying and responding to opportunities, building a project pipeline, leading proposal development, providing consultancy services and advice to colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Drive the development of an IMC Trade & Investment (TI ) business stream strategy to build on past successes in both trade and investment and which supports the overall IMC Corporate Strategy
- Possess, develop and share the competencies required to support others negotiate effective trade agreements and trade policies
- Lead the preparation of competitive bids to secure project revenue
- Maintain a strong understanding of global TI issues and developments and become and IMC source of knowledge on the role of WTO
- Become an internal champion for the importance of the new TI business stream and to support current initiatives also be prepared to contribute to wider scope project proposals as needed
- Become an external champion for the IMC TI offer and be prepared to attend events, meetings and receptions in order to promote our capability and secure new contacts and potential business
- Coordinate and produce project Expressions of Interest (EOIs) and proposals to a high standard and to tight deadlines
- Coordinate and administer the day-to-day marketing, business development and project implementation operations. This includes the pipeline of opportunities, project and business development reporting, invoicing, chasing debtors, contracting, logistics, resolving difficulties, project support, etc.
- Ensure business practices are adhered to across the entire business (bid approval procedures, business integrity & code of ethics, quality/H&S/Security standard, etc.)
- Knowledge management, maintain project data on Evolution (IMC’s internal opportunity tracker tool) for all worldwide projects and working with the communications team to promote our projects and experience
- Research in support of the development of the TI Strategy
- Communicate with and develop relationships with partner firms, senior international specialists, and development partner representatives
- Compile reports, final editing including headers and footers, tables and figure numbers, organising annexes, converting to PDF and stitching together component parts
- Increase IMC’s specialist consultant CV pool
- Maintain business development, CV and project reference databases
Terms & Conditions
Hours of work–This role is a full-time position. The working hours are 37.5 per week.
Location–The role is based in the IMC offices in Redhill. We are a short walk from Redhill train station, which has direct links to London and the South Coast. There is free parking available on site depending on availability
Salary–Competitive salary depending on experience
Annual leave–5 weeks’ annual leave plus public holidays. The holiday year is 1 January–31 December
Benefits–Buying and selling of annual leave scheme, health cash plan scheme, life assurance scheme, company contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme. IMC also supplies free refreshments and fruit, and there is a dress-down day every Friday
Click here to view the full job description.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly why you are interested in this role and working for IMC, the skills and experiences you can bring to it, and how your experience meets the person specification. Your covering letter should also include your salary expectations.
The closing date for applications is Monday 2 October at 9am.