DAI Europe is currently preparing for the forthcoming EU project EU-Nepal Trade and Investment Programme (TIP), a 3-year project with a provisional start date of 01/07/2020 .
The goal of the EU-Nepal Trade and Investment Programme (TIP) is to contribute to Nepal’s sustainable and inclusive economic growth and poverty reduction. The programme will work towards increase of trade and participation in regional and global value-chains, an improved investment climate for attraction of Foreign Direct Investment and improved trade and investment coordination.
This project is a part of a larger programme with a trade component to be implemented through International Trade Center to increase participation in regional and global value-chains for coffee and pashmina, and enhance capacities of key stakeholders to formulate trade policies, negotiate trade agreements and effectively implement them, and this ISF is a technical facility for regulatory reforms in investment promotion and maximize the EU’s Everything But Arms (EBA) trade regime benefits and other trade/investment-related preferences including GSP+ applications. The ISF will be established, with a mix of long term TA, short term expertise on demand and resources for a range of capacity-building measures. The ISF will closely work with the Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Supplies
We welcome applications for the position of KE2: Trade and Investment Expert:
Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s degree in Economics, Law, Commerce or another relevant discipline
- Excellent level of English (written, spoken and reading).
- Outstanding team building, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to develop solid partnerships with high level officials.
General professional experience:
- At least 10 years of experience in trade promotion and market linkages development
- Strong experience with WTO, FTAs and other trade and investment matters;
- Working experience in Asia is advantageous
- Knowledge of Nepal’s trade regulations/policies and trade integration would be an advantage.
Specific professional experience:
- Substantial experience in advising government and private sector on trade policy and trade-related capacity building.
- Experience in organising, managing and facilitating training for public agencies
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with institutional and private sector partners and stakeholders in a multi-country setting.
Position location: It is anticipated the role will be based in Kathmandu with project travel throughout the country.