JOB TITLE: Tuberculosis Preventive Therapy (TPT) Project Manager
REPORTS TO: ISC Manager for EM, VMMC and TPT
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
The TPT Project Manager will lead and/or manage strategic sourcing and procurement activities for GSC’s TPT program. The TPT Project Manager will report to the Integrated Supply Chain Manager for Essential Medicines, VMMC and TPT. The successful candidate will lead, manage and/or assist the all aspects of TPT that includes market dynamics, strategic sourcing and (transactional) procurement. The TPT Project Manager also will regularly engage and collaborate with other Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) technical experts and staff, the Deliver/Return team and country programs staff based in headquarters and the field. The TPT Project Manager will take the lead in managing relations with key global manufacturers on planning and performance matters. The TPT Project Manager will also provide regular updates to USAID and other USG personnel.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work with Field Offices and HQ on new orders and conduct procurement activities based on agreed upon allocation and fulfillment strategies
- Liaise with Strategic Sourcing Lead and Procurement Supervisor to ensure all key stakeholders
- Manage strategic sourcing activities for TPT including conducting sourcing events and awarding contracts by working closely with HQ staff (Strategic Sourcing Lead, Procurement Supervisor) stakeholders and manufactures
- Create and lead briefings on TPT with USAID and other stakeholders
- Assist in KPI monitoring and reporting including reporting to GHSC-PSM and USAID
- Conduct market research of the TPT market that informs sourcing strategies and other related activities
- Manage tracking and reporting of TPT orders and provide updates to Integrated Supply Chain Manager as requested
- Act as supplier relations management focal point for TPT, including supporting the Supplier Relationship Managers (SRMs) in the organization of periodic business reviews with cross-cutting participation by GHSC-PSM and supplier staff
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Collaboration: You can work independently, but thrive within a team.
Trust: You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammates
Pragmatism: You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous and you don’t let perfect get in the way of good enough.
Honesty: You aren’t afraid to speak up and speak your mind.
Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results.
Commitment: You’re independent and a free thinker, but you’re ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, Master’s degree in a relevant discipline preferred
- At least 3 years of professional experience within procurement, supply chain and/or complex project management experience required
- 5-7 years of professional experience in procurement, supply chain and/or complex project management experience preferred Experience working with global partners and countries in assessing and designing improvements in procurement, supply chain or operations
- Strong project management skills and experience required
- Strong communications skills, with experience working and communicating effectively with companies, clients, teams and internal colleagues
- Familiarity with PEPFAR’s beneficiary countries or other resource constrained countries preferred
- Prior experience with public health supply chains and/or laboratory supplies and services preferred
- References will be required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- The successful canddiate will be required to pass a background check.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or call (202)785-0072.