International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Third Party Monitoring (TPM) Manager
Department/Location: Juba, South Sudan
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
IBTCI is currently seeking a Third Party Monitoring (TPM) Manager for an upcoming Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) project in South Sudan, funded by USAID. This a full time, position based in Juba, South Sudan. This project will provide a range of technical assistance to USAID South Sudan’s portfolio of programs.
*This position is contingent upon award*
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the detailed planning of all key TPM work processes from pre-deployment, through data collection and field work to post-deployment and reporting
- Provide management oversight and guidance to field monitors
- Provide routine monitoring of the TPM master work plan and workflow processes
- Monitor compliance with contract delivery requirements and USAID policies
- Propose appropriate TPM policies and implementation strategies
- Ensure the timely and substantive review and finalization of TPM deliverables and reports for submission to USAID, and ensuring that they meet USAID and IBTCI requirements
- Present TPM analysis and key findings to USAID and IPs
- Approve all TPM Team deliverables prior to submission to the Chief of Party and the Home Office
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the humanitarian or international development field
- Demonstrated experience implementing third party monitoring (TPM) projects, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) support projects, or evaluations
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis and report writing
- Experience managing local staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong organizational skills, analytical capabilities, and demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks
Education: An advanced degree in International Relations, Statistics, International Development, Monitoring and Evaluation, or a related field.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience living and working in developing countries, preferably South Sudan or East Africa
- Familiarity with USAID M&E principles and processes
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.