Social Impact is seeking a Third-Party Monitoring (TPM) Lead for the USAID/Sahel Monitoring, Reporting, and Capacity Strengthening (MRCS) contract to manage the overall TPM work plan and process; leading the review, preparation, and editing of tools, protocols, and materials; edit final TPM reports for submission; and present findings to USAID. This will be a full-time position based in Dakar for the anticipated five-year period of performance, contingent upon contract award.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Senegalese citizenship will be considered.**
- Oversee all TPM activities undertaken under this contract.
- Develop guidelines, SOPs, and schedules to guide third-party monitoring undertaken by SI staff and/or local firms.
- Develop instruments and templates to guide TPM data collection, management, and analysis.
- Review data collection and management policies for contracted TPM firms to ensure they comply with USAID standards.
- Establish and enact capacity building materials and approaches to strengthen local firms engaged in TPM, and utilize these materials and approaches to build firms’ capacity.
- Develop schedules for and ultimately approve TPM visits.
- Support firms as they prepare for and undertake TPM visits.
- Undertake scheduled and unscheduled reviews/audits of TPM field visits as well as the data collection and management practices of contracted firms.
- Edit final TPM reports for submission to USAID, ensuring clarity, quality, and USAID usability.
- Manage short-term technical assignments relevant to TPM deliverables.
- Develop and contribute to presentations, reports, and other scheduled or ad hoc inputs focused on TPM requested by USAID.
- Stand in for specified functions or supervises interim staff as needed.
- Graduate degree in the field of evaluation, international development, or related technical field.
- At least eight years of international experience in monitoring of development programs.
- Experience developing TPM tools, policies, protocols, and materials as well as training and supporting staff in the effective use of these resources.
- Experience reviewing and providing feedback on the data collection and management policies and practices of data collection firms.
- Demonstrated experience engaging in and/or directly overseeing teams engaged in data collection.
- Experience working in non-permissive environments (NPE) in the Sahel region – and especially data collection in NPEs – is a significant advantage.
- Experience strengthening the capacity of external organizations or firms is preferred.
- Fluency in French and professional working proficiency in English.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.