SNV Netherlands Development Organization (SNV) is an international not-for-profit development organization, which provides capacity development services to nearly 2,500 organizations in over 30 countries worldwide. SNV specializes in supporting the resourcefulness of development actors by developing local capacities, improving performance and services, strengthening governance systems, helping to create access for excluded groups and by making markets work for the poor.
SNV as part of a consortium will implement a global fund that will provide finance and Technical Assistance (TA) to projects with a focus on climate change adaptation and mobilize external private sector funding at scale.
The Dutch Fund for Climate and Development (DFCD) allows for investments in projects aimed at climate change adaptation and mitigation in developing countries. SNV, as part of the Origination Facility, will identify and develop, together with local companies and stakeholders, bankable business case/projects which can subsequently be picked up by the Finance Facilities (Water and Land-use) for further development, matchmaking and investment. The DFCD presents an important additional instrument for the Dutch government’s efforts in contributing to the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
SNV seeks an experienced consultant to support the SNV DFCD origination facility team in the completion of the intake forms for some initial business case investment proposals in Mali that will be presented to DFCD Origination Facility.
The initial cases are:
1. Processing Jatropha, soy and sunflower, company JMI
2. Providing services for access to potable water (e-pumps), company UDUMA
3. Possible other case still to be identified.
- Lead and develop the early strategic identification of at least two business proposals in Mali
- Compile and analyze information needed for the completion of at least one DFCD OF Intake form.
Deliverables: Identification of at least two leads and one completed and documented DFCD OF intake form before December 6th.
Duration: 10 effective working days in Bamako, Mali
· Coordinate with Country Director(s) and DFCD project manager and regional investment officer the implementation of the consultancy
· Meetings with company staff and other relevant stakeholders to receive and develop needed inputs to develop initial proposals
· Do an early KYC and Due Diligence assessment of engaged companies.
· Presentation of draft products to SNV country staff and DFCD global staff.
· At least 5 year of relevant working experience in West Africa
· Proven experience/knowledge in development of Business Investment Plans
· Proven experience/knowledge of Climate Change Adaptation and/or Mitigation
· Excellent French and English communication (written and oral), reporting and presentation skills.
· This will be a local consultancy contract for a local or international consultant based in Mali
Please send you CV, relevant expertise and daily fee before COB 1st November 2019 at following address : email@example.com