Only candidates currently residing in Maryland, Virginia, Oregon, California, Illinois or Washington, D.C. will be considered for this opportunity.
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is seeking candidates to work with its Central and Eastern European (CEE) team. This is a temporary position based in NDI’s Washington, DC office. NDI is recruiting for a term appointment lasting three months with the possibility of extension for an additional three months based on performance. The Project Assistant for Central and Eastern Europe will provide programmatic and administrative support to the team’s initiatives in the Balkans and Visegrad Four countries.
- Gathering reports from various news sources on the countries of the CEE region
- Drafting cover memos and editing regular field reports, proposals, and other documents as needed
- Preparing program briefing materials for NDI trainers and field representatives
- Assisting with administrative tasks such as scanning, photocopying, and preparing for seminars
- Contributing research on subjects such as civic education/organizing, NGO development and political party building
- Attending workshops, lectures and other events within and outside of NDI
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in international affairs, political science or a related field; recent graduates are also welcome to apply
- Available full-time (40 hours/week)
- Interest in/knowledge of political issues and/or of Central and Eastern Europe
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Efficiency, organization skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Able to work independently and as part of a group
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Computer knowledge skills, including MS Word, MS Excel, and Google applications
Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a cover letter with their application. Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
This is a paid position.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. NDI does not provide sponsorship. Only candidates residing in Maryland, Virginia, Oregon, California, Illinois or Washington, D.C. will be considered for this opportunity.
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all applicants seeking employment and NDI employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, military status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation, educational status, unemployment status, place of residence or business, source of income, or reproductive health decision making. Additionally, harassment or discrimination based on these characteristics will not be tolerated at NDI. To perform the essential functions of this position, reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified individuals who have limitations due to pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or medical related condition.