Temporary Program Coordinator (French Language)
Based in: Washington, D.C.
Reports to: Senior Program Manager
Department: Global Operations, Africa
Status: Temporary position through June 2021
Who we are
With over 50 years of experience, working in over 40+ countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer powered healthcare.
There are over 5,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
The Temporary Program Coordinator (French Language) supports PSI’s operational excellence and execution of quality and standards by providing wide-ranging administrative and operational support. Liaises across PSI, which may include network members and country project teams, global technical and service departments, and strategic partners to ensure program/project objectives are met and PSI compliance requirements are met. Program Coordinators may manage a small project/initiative, and/or the programmatic and financial health of a low-complexity network member/country project team, or components of a network member/country project portfolio.
- Provides moderate financial management support, which may include assisting with team budget management, monitoring of labor trackers, preparation and tracking of small budgets, reconciling and re-classing expenses, financial analysis, subaward management, preparing donor invoices, procurement and payment of consultants, vendors, subrecipients and other services, and management and reconciliation of team purchasing card.
- Monitors and ensures smooth operational and programmatic execution of small projects or low-complexity network members/countries, including monitoring of agreement modifications, workplans and deliverables in coordination with immediate team members, network or country project team members, and global technical and service department.
- Provides routine administrative support for daily operations, project management, and general functioning of assigned portfolio. May include coordinating meetings, note-taking, booking travel, editing, or ad hoc requests for information.
- Provides support for knowledge management activities, including the design of tools and systems for knowledge management and information tracking, creation and maintenance of internal filing systems, and administration of online communications site(s). Assists with drafting, editing and coordinating communications materials.
- Assists with new business development opportunities.
What are we looking for?
- Associate’s degree (or international equivalent) in a related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or international equivalent) in a related field preferred.
- At least 1 year of related experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office applications.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with special attention to detail and timeliness.
- Strong quantitative skills, with emphasis on working with budgets and spreadsheets.
- Professional French language proficiency preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to manage diverse workstreams efficiently and effectively.
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Collaboration: You can work independently but thrive within a team.
Trust: You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammates
Pragmatism: You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous, and you don’t let perfect get in the way of good enough.
Honesty: You aren’t afraid to speak up and speak your mind.
Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results.
Commitment: You are independent and a free thinker, but you’re ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202)785-0072.