PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH’s portfolio of projects supporting total market approaches for public health interventions within a public/private sector framework is expanding. A total market approach (TMA) emphasizes the need for the public sector, nongovernmental organization (NGO) sector, and commercial sector to coordinate to ensure that quality pharmaceuticals and health commodities are available and to increase access for all segments of the population. Benefits of a TMA are that:
- It leverages the comparative advantages of all market sectors to enhance equitable and sustainable access across market segments with government coordination and support;
- It facilitates purposeful and constructive working relationships among the public, NGO (including social marketing organizations), and commercial sectors (formal and informal);
- Within this context, there is growing appreciation for the value of strategic coordination across sectors. A TMA can play an important role in building sustainable public-private partnership models.
PATH currently seeks a temporary Program Assistant, to be based in Antananarivo, under a recently awarded $32M 5-year USAID-funded project. The project will improve health product availability and accessibility in Madagascar through robust supply chain management and total market approaches, with the goal to ensure that quality pharmaceuticals and health commodities and services are available and accessible to all Malagasy people on a sustainable basis through coordinated efforts of the public, private, and commercial sectors.
- Support the Senior Total Market Initiatives (TMI) Advisor and Program Coordinator to strengthen public-sector capacity to coordinate total market initiatives and develop operational plans for the delivery of public health commodities to targeted market segments and lead public-private planning for the TMA.
- Coordinate logistics for TMI technical working group, subcommittees , trainings/workshops and other project activities (e.g. market assessments)
- Provide project management assistance to track project timeline, key milestones, deliverables, and activity budgets
- Record minutes from meetings, circulate action items, and support follow up.